hate to be bitten by this thing.....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brown recluses are the White Tails of America.

They get hugely hyped up as horrible, aggressive little eight legged demons that make your flesh melt off.

The venom of both have hugely differing effects on the people who get bitten, and a lot have wounds wrongfully assosciated with them.

Truth be told, they're both fairly reclusive (For want of a better word) and generally fairly reluctant to bite. In fact a huge number of bites result in no reaction at all, and 99% of the bites are due to human error.

Hope you can sleep a bit easier now.

there is a spider called the brown recluse spider
when bitten the bite infects, the skin deteriorates and well...you get the rest...
WARNING: IF YOU HAVE A WEAK STOMACH, DO NOT CLICK THIS LINK
brown recluse spider bite - Google Search

I would prefer a recluse over this

The Clinical Management of Snake Bites in the South East Asian Region - Symptoms and signs of snake bite

Through severe recluse bites can get pretty damn nasty I must say

Brown recluses are the White Tails of America.

They get hugely hyped up as horrible, aggressive little eight legged demons that make your flesh melt off.

The venom of both have hugely differing effects on the people who get bitten, and a lot have wounds wrongfully assosciated with them.

Truth be told, they're both fairly reclusive (For want of a better word) and generally fairly reluctant to bite. In fact a huge number of bites result in no reaction at all, and 99% of the bites are due to human error.

Hope you can sleep a bit easier now.

Yea the majority of "recluse bites' are actullay misdiagnosed staff infections...And like you said they are not aggressive and will avoid humans at all costs..However having said that... they still are potentially very dangerous animals and they do have a powerful cytotoxic venom that will cause bad necrosis in a severe envenomation.. Most recluse bites dont cause severe necrosis...but a bad bite can

I knew a guy who got bitten on the knee by a white tail spider and had to have his leg amputated above the knee because he had such a bad reaction to it... Even his leg stump was festering and gross after the amputation.. Ironically his surname was Kneebone - An Aboriginal fellow..... Poor guy - He isn't around anymore (nothing to do with spider bite). Where I grew up they were everywhere - Found them in my clothes and bedding many times...

thanks guys, i had a hard time finding out WHY the recluse causes these types of reactions

I knew a guy who got bitten on the knee by a white tail spider and had to have his leg amputated above the knee because he had such a bad reaction to it... Even his leg stump was festering and gross after the amputation.. Ironically his surname was Kneebone - An Aboriginal fellow..... Poor guy - He isn't around anymore (nothing to do with spider bite). Where I grew up they were everywhere - Found them in my clothes and bedding many times...
eddie kneebone? he has some great art work if it is him?

thanks guys, i had a hard time finding out WHY the recluse causes these types of reactions

It has cytotoxic components in its venom which destroy tissue and cause swelling etc... Most of those reactions are unusually severe reactions and probably involved multiple bites aswell..Most recluse bites while very painful dont do stuff like that

That is him! He died a few years back... He was an amazing person.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back