Having trouble with heating

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spacey

Reaction score
Hello,
I have finally started to set up my tank (heat light, uvb, basking rock, thermometer, thermostat etc) and at the moment I am stuck with my temps. I haven't yet purchased my Bearded dragon (I want to get everything right first) but I am testing everything to see if it works and at the moment I'm not sure if my thermostat or thermometer is working properly or if the heat im getting is accurate but the warm side of my tank (with heat light/fan) is currently at 37.8 and the apparent cool side is 31.2. My problem is I have my thermostat set to its highest point which is 35. Am I doing something wrong?? are these temps to high? could it also be partially because of the temp at home? I want to get this right because i really want to get my dragon :)

How big is the enclosure?
Where is "home" located?
Use a basking globe not a fan/light.

Oh sorry about that, my tank is a 91cmx45cmx51cm glass tank. home is Brisbane QLD. do you think its the fan that is effecting the heat around the tank?

I have my thermostat at the cold end set on about 28. Not sure of how hot it gets at the hot end but basking temp sits at 41. Best way to measure is using an IR heat gun. I have a 60watt flood light and l also run a 25watt moon globe. ANd of course a 10.0 UVB tube

With an enclosure that size you wouldn't need to use a heat fan, just a heat light for the immediate area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back