Help me decide on a new snake.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lochie

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Well, I got my first snake a few years ago and have since had several, however due to circumstances I got rid of most of my collection (apart from my bredli which I couldn't ever bare to part with).

So things have changed and I am able to start getting some more snakes :D!.

I'm thinkabout about a GTP and wouldn't mind a few questions answered a few suggestions for me to ponder.

GTP: I think that they are some of the msot beautiful snakes, and would love to own an albino or a female who's mother has shown significant and sustained blue colouring over each consecutive breed. (just so I have a chance of down the track having a really blue coloured GTP).

However I am love handling my snakes and I have heard that GTP's arent very happy when it comes to handling.
Has anyone here had a GTP that with regular handling has actually being very placid, or are they more of a buy a beaut terrarium and look at it snake and handle it when nessecary.

Any other suggestions of snakes, keeping in mind that I'm not a huge fan of amethistine pythons as I've literally caught 100+ and moved them from my roof or bedroom chookpen off the road etc and they dont really do much for me.

I would get an albino darwin and spend the rest on a nice enclosure. You should still have change compared to buying a GTP.
Bonus is that you can handle the darwin with no problems .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back