Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It can't possibly be gravid, bluetongues get pregnant. I spend half my time on here trying to tell people to say gravid then the only time they ever say it is for animals that get pregnant. Sheesh. :p

Just kidding guys, but seriously, ... pregnant.

It can't possibly be gravid, bluetongues get pregnant. I spend half my time on here trying to tell people to say gravid then the only time they ever say it is for animals that get pregnant. Sheesh. :p

but is it "pregnant?"

I'm fairly certain that "gravid' applies to both live bearing and egglaying reptiles.

more close up of the eye please :) and a shot from the top of it head showing head and neck :p

I meant why would you only bother if you weren't going to release it?

It's important to only interfere/rescue with wildlife that has been directly affected by humans. Native Australian wildlife has evolved with ticks - they are a natural parasite and shouldn't be interfered with.

It's important to only interfere/rescue with wildlife that has been directly affected by humans. Native Australian wildlife has evolved with ticks - they are a natural parasite and shouldn't be interfered with.

Jonno it is so hard to educate people on this. There is so much publicity about the dangers of ticks etc. Unfortunately i know this from first hand that in the Tassie herp society they educate in some area to check all found reptiles for ticks and remove them. I was totally against this and it was so hard to push that they need to be left.

Sorry for the ignorance, but could removing them negatively affect the Bluey in any way or are you just wanting to preserve the natural order?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back