Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ever heard of the saying. Leave it as you found it? This is the same in this situation. Some times more damage can be done altering nature

ever heard of the saying. Leave it as you found it? This is the same in this situation. Some times more damage can be done altering nature

Yes mate I have, was just curious to see if there was a particular reason not to remove them or whether it was for the "leave it be" reason alone.

Jonno it is so hard to educate people on this. There is so much publicity about the dangers of ticks etc. Unfortunately i know this from first hand that in the Tassie herp society they educate in some area to check all found reptiles for ticks and remove them. I was totally against this and it was so hard to push that they need to be left.

This is what I have always been taught; but now I know better...

He's looking for the 'knowing sparkle' in her eye and the gorgeous complexion that comes with pregnancy :D

Maybe its his old long lost pet lizard from tassie that has markings near its eye?

Owwh it is real yellowbumble bee maybe :D

Last edited:
And if it has babies I'm taking one :p

Why hasnt He replied D: i need to know haha

Just looked at the images again.. Does that head and body look awful shingleback like to you? lol

Last edited:
ok ok i better reply now seeing as thought i am not going to get those photo's. First of all it is a very nice speciman of blotched blue tongue. Second of all, Mick should have taught you by now one of the simplest and fairly accurate methods of sexing a bluey from down that way. Brown eyes = female, Orange eyes = Males. Angle of back of jaw to neck will also help confirm this.. I relocated a total of 238 blue tongues in Tas, and this rule applied to 90% of them if not more :)

Last edited:
She's lucky you found her. I've seen loads of blueys that have been squashed on the roads lately.
:(

Please keep us posted on how her injuries heal up and how she adjusts to being in your care.

She's a very nice looking skink BTW. They're great lizards to have around as free wild ones and make very good pets too. Had a couple of them as wild caught tamed pets as a kid (back in the 1960s and 1970s), they had fantastic dispositions and were very inquisitive.
If you are looking for a name for it - Sausage is good one.

They are great with little kids too once they are tamed and know and trust the kids.

Are you going to house it in an inside enclosure or make an outside home for it ?

Last edited:
...Brown eyes = female, Orange eyes = Males. Angle of back of jaw to neck will also help confirm this.. I relocated a total of 238 blue tongues in Tas, and this rule applied to 90% of them if not more :)
How did you confirm the gender after you'd sexed them using the iris colour and jaw angle as sexing criteria.

Most of them were vet sexed as part of a study i was doing at the time, comparing wild caught blueys to captive bred ones.

How is he now tassie, you deciding to care for him yourself of take it to a carer?
Sorry if this question has been answered, couldnt really be bothered to read the rest of the pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back