Help with eggs please!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bee8711

Reaction score
In need of some help please. At day 11 of incubating. Sitting at 30 degrees and 90% humidity. All are (or were) viable. One egg in the clutch has started rotting (I suspect some condensation has dripped on it, but have rectified the problem), it's spreading to the 2 eggs it's attached to. How can I prevent it spreading to the whole clutch?

Separate the eggs if you can, if not, cut and drain the dead eggs and remove as much of the shell as possible. Don't let any of the contents come into contact with the viable eggs. Don't invert the eggs when doing this, keep them oriented as they are now in the incubator. It's a very good idea (and much easier) to separate the eggs within a few hours after they've been laid to prevent dead eggs from contaminating the clutch by contact.

Jamie

Thank you. Will give it a shot. That was my original plan.. But they were well and truly stuck together when I found them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back