Help with my Eastern Long Neck Turtle not growing

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evil_lemon

Reaction score
Hello, hoping I could get some advice about my turtle, they are almost 2 years old (they were born in December 2021) now and is only 23g, 1g more than last year in August 2022. At 1 years old I started feeding them every 2 days instead of everyday, as that is what the internet told me somewhere. Took them to the vet about some other concerns in July 2023, and was told that I need to feed them everyday until they get bigger.
So I mainly feed them brine shrimp, whole fish when I can get them, sometimes blood worms, tried feeding them silkworms but they won't eat them, and sometimes crickets if I don't have whole fish.
Since July, it doesn't seem they have grown much at all.
Tank set up it optimal to what the vet told me in terms of temperature, heat/uv light, water quality, tank size, etc.
Is there something that I am going wrong with?
Thank you:)

Hey mate
I know this is late. Have you fed frozen meals? Cichlid food from fish fuel co is great for them. The turtle dinners are less great due to the roo meat but still great for them. Bloodworms aren’t so good as a regular food, neither are goldfish as they are both too fatty. Best feeders from fish shops would be white clouds. Freshwater shrimp is great too.
Do you have UV-B lighting and basking platforms?

Latest posts

Back