Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wishingtub12

Reaction score
Hi, My name is Wishingtub12, but its actually Brendon. I have visited this site many years ago when I first fell in love with reptiles, but being too young to obtain a license and not having a proper job, I had no way to pursue this fascination.

I bet you're wondering about my username, I got it randomly generated by microsoft live a while back, and I found it so weird that I decided to keep it over my other online usernames.

I am 20 years old, second year student at Macquarie Uni, studying Biology and chemistry, I also have a casual job working at a golf club bar on the northern beaches of Sydney when I'm not at Uni. and when I'm not at work I'm at home on my computer playing various video games (league of legends, Battlefield 3 and many more)

I was planning a trip to japan earlier this year to go skiing, and long story short, it fell through, and I have about $1000 saved up, then it came to me that I never satisfied my need to own a reptile, and that's basically why I am making this post today.

I haven't quite made up my mind of what I want to get, but my two favorite species are the Black Headed Pythons and the centrillian "bredli" pythons.

I would be a first time owner, and I do intend on doing further research about the husbandry of what ever species I decide to get, I have had very little experience with BHP's at Taronga conservational society, I did my work experience there, and they had a lovely trio of BHP's at the reptile house that were docile and adventurous, from my perspective and from what I've read they are quite a nice snake, Bredlis on the other hand, I only know what I have seen from this website.

I know the basics of what I need to get to house a snake, and I'd rather wait a few weeks to get the money than to rush into it unprepared.

I know that some snakes require extra care than others, and although I wouldn't mind working harder to keep my snake happy and healthy, It might change my decision depending on what needs either species needs.

I plan on buying the snake from a breeder on this site, as I understand that APS has many experienced and reliable breeders, preferably one in the Sydney area.

I apoligise if this information is found elsewhere on the forum, I was at work during the quiet hours and only briefly looked over the forums to see what I could gather before making my introductory post.

cheers, Brendon

hello and welcome
lots of info on this site search bar is very useful

I recommend the Bredli as a first snake, they are wonderful for both beginners and experienced keepers. You won't regret it :D They are fairly hardy species and quite easy to keep :) Very beautiful and well tempered too!

Welcome and enjoy the site!

I recommend the Bredli as a first snake, they are wonderful for both beginners and experienced keepers. You won't regret it :D They are fairly hardy species and quite easy to keep :) Very beautiful and well tempered too!

Welcome and enjoy the site!

Hi and welcome,

I'm new to the forum but would say you have definitely come to the right place!

I second all of the above :D

BHP are beautiful too, but I would definitely recommend a Bredli as a first snake!

Don't forget to get your license before you attempt to purchase any animals...

Although sometimes you get lucky and the breeder you buy from does your license for you :D

Hmmm I see your lazy point, but I don't think I'd be comfortable with a stranger filing legal documents on my behalf when worst case consequences are hefty fines and convictions...

Hmmm I see your lazy point, but I don't think I'd be comfortable with a stranger filing legal documents on my behalf when worst case consequences are hefty fines and convictions...

Oh I meant do it with you present to help, not independently. I forgot that other states don't let you do it online.

Don't forget to get your license before you attempt to purchase any animals...

Yeah, I'm getting the companions license (NSW), but to obtain it, I need to know which species I am getting, because I the license is 1 reptile only, so I've got to make my decision before I get the license.

It's so hard to choose, I'd love to have both (some day), at this point I'm swaying more toward the bredli, only because I lack experience in keeping and feeding, so maybe a BHP would be an Ideal second snake!

Yeah, I'm getting the companions license (NSW), but to obtain it, I need to know which species I am getting, because I the license is 1 reptile only, so I've got to make my decision before I get the license.

It's so hard to choose, I'd love to have both (some day), at this point I'm swaying more toward the bredli, only because I lack experience in keeping and feeding, so maybe a BHP would be an Ideal second snake!

Why are you getting a companions license?

... If you're considering getting a second snake down the line, get a normal license.
It also allows you to keep other animals(dragons, monitors, geckos, amphibians, birds ect.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back