Hoser vs Reptile Doco

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
oh goody i shall therefore be looking forward to another lawsuit from one of my favorite actors.. or would it actually be the movie studio ????

cheers :D

i woulnt be surprised if he himself wrote those letters and posted them everywhere for his own typical self promotion.. he is forever going on about stuff like this, illegal use of photos, etc etc just look at his site.. and that sentence "We also note he is in fact to
be shown looking for a snake (Acanthophis wellsi) discovered and named
by our client, one of Australia's leading reptile experts, way back in
1998, " sounds so professional "way back in 1998" sounds like Mr Hosers technical gargon to me.. "leading reptile experts" big call from a law department who normally like to remain pretty low key to avoid repercussions, and the fact that he ISNT!!! And what about the bit demanding they send all stationary, master copies of the show etc etc to rays home address!!!!!! lol... I would like to see where the law provides for that kind of garbage.

The whole thing seems like rays typical herp paper sensationalist, way beyond reason type of thing to me.
Its also funny how KOTABI P/L, "legal section" has the same email adress as ray himself... must be alot of people in his "business" with acess to his personal email!!! lol

I'd say he wrote it, as he cc'd a lawyer in Sydney - AAT Legal, otherwise known as Alex Tees, Solicitor.

When I saw the show promoted I wondered how long it would take Ray to claim that he owned the name. He has had it registered for quite some time and protects it jealously.

We have had the "Herp Trader" registered and TM'd etc. but it can be difficult and expensive to defend. When somebody has opened up in opposition with the same or similar name we defend it vigorously. Much the same applies for the Herp Shop.

The thing with "Snake Busters" is those who are likely to use it are not competition opposition for Ray's reptile relocation business but use it quite innocently as a catchy name for their show.

Craig23, I totally agree. I would never imagine a solicitor to write anything that dumb.

He who shall not be named was banned from another site after troubles arising from a news paper story he shared with the members. In the copied story a paragraph mentioning a member of this site was written, but when the origional was checked this paragraph was not there at all. It had appeared to have been added to the origional story in an attempt to slander this APS member. Just as one could not imagine a solicitor writing like this, one would also never imagine a journalist using bad grammer in an added paragraph either.

MY GOT I hope that we do not have this snakebanger as a member here under some of the nickname.
I better check Innys details in case :p

NO inny is clear, :idea: Mabe africa? :lol:

(Acanthophis wellsi) had been discovered well before that.

After a lot of work By Ken Aplin and his Team at the West Australian museum, this animal was formally recognised.
Unfortunately, someone else jumped onto all this work at the end and formally named this species, therefore denying Ken the right to name it.

GOOD WORK "SOMEONE ELSE"

Westaussie, he who shall not be named has a reputation of doing just this on more than one occassion. Most taxominist working on new descriptions keep their work very much to themselves these days in fear that their work is not stolen before they can publish their findings

thats horible!
all your time, effort and hardwork gone to some dickhead.
It happens all the time in all lines of work but it still sucks!

Just been checking out some of the links on "He Who Shall Not Be Named". :wink: Sounds like an Utter Nutter to me. Your link didn't work for me bigguy. Cheers Cheryl

type the word Hoser into the search engines and see what happens. He can't stop you from saying Hoser because that word is on public record as there is an on going court case relating to it for Contempt of court. One little man with a little little mind trying to take on the world. Problem is he doesn't seem to be doing so well i the Vic courts at the moment so I think he is trying to take his frustrations out on everyone else in the world. I have a word in my head at the moment L O S E R !!!!!

He who shall not be named should be black banned. I'm surprised he is still being published or listened to at all.
I hope the 'idiots that follow him' ratio out in the Herping world is low. I AM SURE it is.
It bothers me that people overseas see him as a high profile Australian Herper, because they don't hear the utter rubbish he goes on with.

Geez I hope he reads this stuff. I imagine with such an ego - he will.

To 'him':- Stop embarassing us! Stop stealing, making waves, slander, libel, deforming Gods own creatures with your venomoid practices - 'using' snakes and the mistreatment of them as your platform - It's below low and nobody thinks it's amusing. So stop it.

We have so many more potentially brilliant herpers. Let's not name 'him' and concentrate on them.
Em :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back