Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shane14

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hey guys my brother is getting a stimmie pair and wants them to breed he was wondering what to house the hatchings in? we have got a spare exo-terra tank 30x30x45.

Thanks Shane and Damo

Hey there shane, just about everybody here will say house them individually in click clacks, you know at reptile trader, did you see all his hatchlings in those little tubs below the Active Green Tree frog tank? Well thats what click clacks are

Are the chinese containers that some are housed in at the pet shops ok??? they are easily available, just use the ones left over from the crickets/woodies....thats if they are ok to be used

I wouldn't keep them in those 'chinese containers' 'But they would most certainly work for a little while. I've got yearlings in 5L still.

They're only small snakes so they will be fine in 5L for atleast the first year, depending on how much you feed them. But I've also allready got yearlings into 10L and some are ready for their adult tubs.

If you're just keeping the hatchies until they're eating fine and able to be sold technically a 'chinese container' would work.
I've seen it done with carpets, (a friend got more hatchies then he could fit in his rack so he put some into them and they worked fine until the snakes were sold.

Oh ok... Ive seen ones that are a few mths old in them..... I thought you were talking about just hatched ones.... click clacks are great though, I swear by mine

This is what our young spotteds where in, I wouldn't use a Chinese clicklac
newsnakefridge020.jpg

newsnakefridge019.jpg

oh i was hoping you would show me a pic , are they like a spotted (our resident spotted is only about 1m max ) .

i prefer to give them room to exercise, but click clacks are easy to maintain if you have alot of pythons and bugger all space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back