Hubby and I went Herping

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantazmic

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hubby and I went herping today for the first time.

We had a lovely day

We wanted to go somewhere where we would be guarenteed to see some snakes and other reptiles.....

So...we went to Melbourne zoo.

The sad thing was.....there wasnt as many snakes there as I thought there would be.

Probably the highlight of the day was seeing a pair of beautiful rough scale pythons. Now I definintely know they will most likely be the next snake we get....

Also we saw a corn snake....well the side of one it was hiding under a rock....I can see why people like them lovely colours......and there was a lovely snake there they called a broad headed python....it is endangered. it lives on the outskirts of Sydney. Now if a snake is endangered wouldnt it make sense to let us all keep the little darling as a pet :D

Overall it was a good day we also lined up for 40 minutes to see the baby elephant for 5 minutes........and came home with heat stroke from standing too long in the sun

But its all good !

Seriously is there somewhere anyone can suggest Hubby and I can go outside of Melbourne for a nice bushwalk and maybe the chance of seeing some herps

Elizabeth

A nice suggestion would be to make a camping trip up to the states north (somewhere like Wangaratta or Echuca) and go spotlighting for Vic carpets. A rare find but well worth it when one or two are found. This time of year hatchlings are cruising around just after sunset :)

and there was a lovely snake there they called a broad headed python....it is endangered. it lives on the outskirts of Sydney. Now if a snake is endangered wouldnt it make sense to let us all keep the little darling as a pet :D

Yeah they are nice... but not a python Hoplocephalus bungaroides are a great elapid kept in a few collections around. Seeing one in the flesh is a real treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back