I need help deciding!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dougie210

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi,i live in Western australia
I need help deciding with the next reptile i might be getting but its a hard choice out of a category 2 or 3 reptile like some frogs or geckos but i don't what to get??
So could any one post there opinions of what are some great reptiles which don't take up too much space but are nice and stuff -NOTE- not a snake-

And any care sheets for any reptiles you guys suggest if not i will find them my sellf ok thanks guys

Last edited:
Nephrurus Levis Levis are great little geckos to keep, and are legal here in the Wait Awhile state

Get some marmorata ( Marbled Velvet Gecko).
WA form have spectacular colouring.

Cheers Scott.

Golden tail geckoes are awesome little critters to keep, they need only a 30x30x30 tank (as they climb all over and use the entire surface area) and are relatively easy to look after. They also have stunning patterns. Otherwise marbled velvet geckoes are also very good aswell. Hope that helps!

And another. These ones are showing these colours at 10weeks.
If you have a look in the for sale threads there is a pics of adult WA marms.
Levis and pilbrenisis.
Cheers Scott.

Attachments

• Troywebbbred2.jpg
    Troywebbbred2.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 35
  • LevisLevis cropped2.jpg
    LevisLevis cropped2.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 27
  • Pilbrenisis Cropped.jpg
    Pilbrenisis Cropped.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 29
There's a few different geckos, pygmy monitors (expensive),netted dragons, bearded dragons and the froggys on the smaller end of the scale.

narrowed down

Ok guys i have narrowed down my favourite out of them so my choices are

Nephrurus Levis-Knob Tailed Gecko

Underwoodisaurus milii-Thick Tailed Gecko

Litoria caerulea-Northern Green Tree Frog

Litoria moorei-Western Green Tree Frog

Strophurus spinigerus-South west spiny tailed gecko

So these are the ones i would like to get and choose so these are my choices and has any one got any pics of there setups and pics for the

Egernia napoleonis-South Western Crevice Egernia??

Dougie, Dougie,Dougie don't disregard the native marmorata. No collection is complete without them.

Another update

Ok guys i have figured out a way i which will make my choice easier
i have the list of my choices a couple of replies above and when you guys say what i should get i want use to like say some of the reasons why that particular reptile i should choose

South western crevice egernia -

GTF are great to keep. I have five and they are very laid back. I would love to get some western green tree frogs but I've never seen them for sale.
I also have a pair of marmoratas which are beautiful but very shy perhapse because they are wild caught.
Hope this helps!

PS plz PM me if you know where to get the western green tree frogs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back