I need help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stroppy

Not so new Member
Reaction score
It's probably been covered many times before,, however regardless if i'm in the right thread,, i need some answers.

Some of you have like little pictures that accompany your name how do i do this??????

Also if I plan to submit pics in any shape or form,, how do i go about it??????/

I'm on dial up,,, and some of the pics posted by some people don't appear as thumbnails,,, they are usually large and if there is multiple images it kinda takes forever to load up,, and in the end I give up waiting.

So how do I do all this,,, do i have to compress my pics prior to posting,, and will this then appear as thumbnails,, an if people at a glance like what they see they can click on the image to enlarge it.... is that how it works?????????

Maybe it's best if someone can tell me how to start even with posting pics,, at the same time i don't want to bore people by having images that take forever to load,,,, thumbnail images is what i want to post,, so those interested have the liberty of clicking on the image to enlarge it if they wish...

Cheers,,, thanks for ther anticipated responses

damn dude dial up sucks,it will take 10 years to down load any pic LOL

the pic next to your name is your avatar,you go into your profile and you can
download a pic from your computer to use as one,but it has to be resized.

To put pictures in your posts that have thumbnails people can click on for them to get larger you have to be in the 'advanced' posting thing (not just the quick reply)

If you scroll down a bit you see 'additional options' and a bit further down in the options you should click Manage Attachments. When you click that it will bring pop up a screen that will let you browse for the picture you want to upload and then press upload.
Once you've uploaded all the pictures you want just close that window and it'll be in your post when you submit it.

To get a picture next to your name go to your User Control Panel and to the left side of it look for 'Edit Avatar', in there you can upload a picture for next to your name.

yeah she explains it beter LOL
i actually suck with computers
but have picked up the bare necessity's:D

If you have 'office' installed on your PC, right click on a picture & select 'open with' then select 'microsoft office picture manager' you can then crop &/or resize as you wish, the smaller you make the picture file the quicker it will upload, the more you play the more you learn, good luck & I look forward to seeing some pic's.
Regards, Paul.

damn dude dial up sucks,it will take 10 years to down load any pic LOL

the pic next to your name is your avatar,you go into your profile and you can
download a pic from your computer to use as one,but it has to be resized.

Hey pimp!!!!!!!!

You know some of us are old and antique,, and whilst you CAN INDEED teach an old dog new tricks as may have been discovered by my earlier threads here,,, but certain things like old habits die hard,,, like dial up,,, some can afford other means,,, i don't mind waiting for thumbnails to load,, just sometimes when certain posts have like 4 or 5 pics,, and they're full size,,, then i get weary,,,,,,, sorry not totally with the new techy things just tring to make the most of what i got,,,,,,,,,,, by the way nice bike

To put pictures in your posts that have thumbnails people can click on for them to get larger you have to be in the 'advanced' posting thing (not just the quick reply)

If you scroll down a bit you see 'additional options' and a bit further down in the options you should click Manage Attachments. When you click that it will bring pop up a screen that will let you browse for the picture you want to upload and then press upload.
Once you've uploaded all the pictures you want just close that window and it'll be in your post when you submit it.

To get a picture next to your name go to your User Control Panel and to the left side of it look for 'Edit Avatar', in there you can upload a picture for next to your name.

Hey jazz,,, thanks I'll just print that out and take it one step at a time

By the way my daughter was up there recently at your country music muster,,,,,,,,,,, she had a ball,,, cept she reckons she could have done without the floods,, regardless if you needed the rain or not,,, she was a performer there an needed to get ferried there by bus on order to perform

Cheers

yeah she explains it beter LOL
i actually suck with computers
but have picked up the bare necessity's:D

Yeah well pimp,,,, women are better versed than us mere males:D,,, oh god,, i'm getting old and soft,, allowing the fairer gender supremicy,,,,,,,, pardon my temporary weakness pimp,,,, i'll regain my composure promptly I hope,, by the way,,,,,,,,,where's wahroonga????????

If you have 'office' installed on your PC, right click on a picture & select 'open with' then select 'microsoft office picture manager' you can then crop &/or resize as you wish, the smaller you make the picture file the quicker it will upload, the more you play the more you learn, good luck & I look forward to seeing some pic's.
Regards, Paul.

Hey Asp,, howdy especially since you're a fellow south australian,,, an not originally from here either,,,,,,,,,,, some european extraction i gather,, thats fine i hail from Germany originally,, thanks for your response

I think i got the hang of it,, thanks all,,,,,,,,,,, by the way I refused to wear a pink hat,l, even though the girls insisted,,,,,,,,,, mmmmm must be a mucho thing...........lol:D

Well done Stroppy. You've got it!! Took me a while to work it out too, but had a lot of help from a member Instar. He was very helpful to me and didn't mind all my questions. Cheers Cheryl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back