ID this for me pleaee?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

They are in reality not that uncommon in the right habitat. In parts of the Little Desert NP which I surveyed back in 2003 we where seeing quite a few striolata in pitfalls.....I never got one hand searching or raking though...some fossorial species are difficult to find with certain methods and as a result their true abundance is often mis-represented. near threatened from habitat disturbance and habitat fragmentation possible, but at least locally common.

Cheers,
Scott

Nice! Thank you so much for your input Scott, GREATLY appreciated! :)

The little sweetheart will be released Saturday (that's my friend's job - his first!) when we find the exact location it came from!

I am REALLY pleased that these guys aren't as "threatened" as I read!

Thanks again all!

Best,
Carolyn

Nice! Thank you so much for your input Scott, GREATLY appreciated! :)

The little sweetheart will be released Saturday (that's my friend's job - his first!) when we find the exact location it came from!

I am REALLY pleased that these guys aren't as "threatened" as I read!

Thanks again all!

Best,
Carolyn

While you are there, you might like to slip down the river to Nelson.
I have seen this species a number of times around the old tree stump in the picnic/play ground opposite the Pub!

While you are there, you might like to slip down the river to Nelson.
I have seen this species a number of times around the old tree stump in the picnic/play ground opposite the Pub!

Really? Interesting! Admittedly, the only time I ever go down there is either when we're on the bike, or when I go fishing! :)

I'll keep it in mind though, thanks for that Reptilife! :)

Best,
Carolyn

Really? Interesting! Admittedly, the only time I ever go down there is either when we're on the bike, or when I go fishing! :)

I'll keep it in mind though, thanks for that Reptilife! :)

Best,
Carolyn

No problems.
The last time I saw them there was the Summer before last but had seen the for the last couple of years before that, so there is obviously a well established little 'colony' there.
I didn't know they were considered vulnerable at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back