Illegal?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
get hermit crabs! you can paint their shells and stuff and have races! i had one but uhmm, i kinda accidently killed it then my cat ate it, least she enjoyed it :|

uhmm G.Pigs are alright but i've never found they handle well and are afraid of just about everything. get a dog maybe, they eat everything so you don't really need a scraps bin and they go mental when someone comes to your front door!!

you can paint their shells but its not a good idea, it can lead to an early death

Hopping mice are not allowed to be kept in QLD, They dont handle that well and like to bite when you do

Much more suitable... :)

rats012.jpg

They are cute and cuddly and have a lot more personality than a damn hamster :) Just throwing it out there!

Nothing (aside from that fact that they're pretty boring ;)). It just has to do with the quarantine laws. Obviously, not enough people pre-quarantine brought their hamsters to Oz for them to become a big enough thing.

I looked into hamsters a while ago and the authorties told me that if i can research the impact on australian wildlife by feral hamsters then i might be able to. If they impact is none or minimal obviously. Also there was something about a specific type of hamster avaliable but only males bu i forget now

I looked into hamsters a while ago and the authorties told me that if i can research the impact on australian wildlife by feral hamsters then i might be able to. If they impact is none or minimal obviously. Also there was something about a specific type of hamster avaliable but only males bu i forget now

How do you do that if there aren't any?

Cane toads weren't supposed to turn feral either.

I used to keep hamsters in the UK. MUCH better pets than rats, mice and guinea pigs!

I had to leave mine with a friend :(

I think its strange we have mice, rats etc here but not gerbils and hamsters etc.

Chinchillas are amazng too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back