Illegal?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakeluvver

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just moved to Oz. Reeeaaaaallly excited about getting a HAMSTER until I discovered that they are illegal in Australia :(
Why is this? You can get Guinea Pigs!

Because they found that the people who want Hamsters as pets are mental ;)
Just jokes. Good question as there does't seem to be much difference between a hamster and a G.Pig from outward appearance anyway. But if they are that similar just get a GP. OR better yet make the most of moving to the BEST COUNTRY in the world and get another native reptile or maybe a native mammal as a pet ;)

We cant keep them because they where not in Australia when the Regulation of importing animals into Australia came into place, that is what I got told.

HOW did they start underground? A chick was walking around with one in a little critter-keeper... how did she get that? :lol:

I'd get a rat over a hamster any day. Hamsters are boring, and only see you as a food source ;)

get hermit crabs! you can paint their shells and stuff and have races! i had one but uhmm, i kinda accidently killed it then my cat ate it, least she enjoyed it :|

uhmm G.Pigs are alright but i've never found they handle well and are afraid of just about everything. get a dog maybe, they eat everything so you don't really need a scraps bin and they go mental when someone comes to your front door!!

get a dog maybe, they eat everything so you don't really need a scraps bin and they go mental when someone comes to your front door!!
Got one already. And 1issie, hmm that sounds like a decent idea... Does anyone know if hopping mice are okay for handling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back