imbricata - anyone keeping

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got mine out again this morning, still a bit snappy when your getting him out. But calms down a bit when he's out and your holding him.

I have been thinking about setting up a pit outside for my shingles. I might have to get a couple more carpets and make two aviarys outside. Could be a good summer project.

yeah, is yours in a click clack, its impossible to get mine out without ****ing her off just a little bit, she doesnt like being held from the top, im going to go sit in the sun with her now :D

You're very likely to find that all the babies that seem to be doing the rounds from Perth Dealers at the moment would all have been from the same person originally. They are also apparently captive bred (at least the ones I've been told of).
I have it from reasonably good authority that this is the case in both situations.

I have also heard on the grapevine that they are a 'coastal' form of Imbricata, which gives them their distinctive colouration and patterning (not my words...words of a dealer).

I can't wait till I have a spare $1600...I'd love a pair!! (Unrelated of course!)

ooo do explain,

i thiought u said they had abit of northen mixed in with the sw/ all i can say is my little girl is quite pretty, maybe the browns in her come from a coastal, if its part coastal.. that means it will get even bigger right?

yeah, is yours in a click clack, its impossible to get mine out without ****ing her off just a little bit, she doesnt like being held from the top, im going to go sit in the sun with her now :D

Use a hook to get it out

Mine is not of the same clutch as all the smallies going around at the moment. Mine is a wildcaught guy, which explains his attitude!!

nah, shes getting better, and so am i. she hasnt struck at my hand for a couple of days, she watches it, then decides shes going to run away. she liked her play on the grass, didnt trust one piece of grass tho, must have licked it from every angle immaginable.

i love imbricatas, especialy mine, very nice looking little fellas they can be. look at my topic "My Carpet" to see my pics of her.

i thiought u said they had abit of northen mixed in with the sw/ all i can say is my little girl is quite pretty, maybe the browns in her come from a coastal, if its part coastal.. that means it will get even bigger right?

No. Imbricata from the south west can generally be broken up into "coastal morph" and "hills" or "inland" morphs. They are not in any way related to what are called "coastals" on the east coast, these are a totally different subspecies. "Coastal" morph imbricata are generally brighter in colour when compared with their "hills" morph counterparts, which are often much more greyish, with fewer yellows and browns. This is generally true, but there are exceptions to any rule.

Quite a few people bred imbricata in WA last season.

Jamie.

As an Imbricata fan- I think its awesome that there are more people breeding them- there are some really stunning looking babies out there!

Noxious- I'm sure it will calm down eventually- or maybe not....LOL!! Its a gorgeous little thing either way!! More pics please!!

Thankyou for clearing that up Jamie- there's been some confusion (and a whole load of BS) within herp circles out here about where this new 'batch' of babies came from, so its nice to know the actual 'morphs'!

No. Imbricata from the south west can generally be broken up into "coastal morph" and "hills" or "inland" morphs. They are not in any way related to what are called "coastals" on the east coast, these are a totally different subspecies. "Coastal" morph imbricata are generally brighter in colour when compared with their "hills" morph counterparts, which are often much more greyish, with fewer yellows and browns. This is generally true, but there are exceptions to any rule.

Jamie.

dang, didnt need to hear that lol, i bet that means with all the ppl breading, price will go down, and our snakes will depreciate in value :/

doesnt matter, shes beautiful and so far worth every cent.

so u thought mine was from geralton way, what morph/type would u classify it? its got a fair amount of yellos and browns.

Mine was collected near the dawesville cut, so i guess it is classified as a 'coastal' imbricata, not a 'hills'. This pic better shows his/her colours -

carpetcolour.jpg

whered u buy yours from? and how much did u pay (if u dont mind me asking :p)

how long is it now?

mine isnt as light as that, much more green.

unfortunatly at this time of night mine loves her new poop free lightglobe hide way too much so i cant get happy snaps. ill get one when shes on some grass, it realy shows how she could blend into some foliage.

yours is nice, almost has a deserty flavour, rather than foliage. alot of yellow and brown present there, totaly different looking to mine of the same genus

I love imbricata so variable.

Mine was given to me by my gf as a birthday present, so i'm not 100% on price.

Would love to see some pics of yours? the little fellas doing the rounds have been very tempting, but at 900-1200 ill stick to stimmis for now.

Hi guys great photos, I also just recently aquired an imbricata.

Had him for almost a month and is a great handler, only tagged me once.

He is 5-6 months old and I am told his parents are the wheat belt local as he has white, black and grey markings. I do have a photo but don't know how to post it...

Click on manage attachments at the bottom of your reply page. You need to do a full reply, not a quick reply for it to show. Click manage contacts then browse and locate where you have he pics saved on your comp. Then once u have located the pic, click upload easy as that.

so u thought mine was from geralton way, what morph/type would u classify it? its got a fair amount of yellos and browns.

Would be a coastal morph from that area - Rick Sloan has some beautiful adults from the Greenough area, and they are pretty common along the coast there within a few kms of the coast - very pretty too, with a lot of greenish/lemonish markings and often a full black stripe down the back half of the belly.

Jamie.

Here he is, not the best photo but gives you an idea how the locality colours can vary

Attachments

• Monty2.jpg
    Monty2.jpg
    272.5 KB · Views: 56
Mine has a full stripe down the back end of the belly as well as two smaller stripes on its belly, something that would be great to try line breed, if you could get the line running the full length of the belly!

another of my guy, will try get pics of his belly. Pretty hard because he's not very friendly.

imbricate1.jpg

Would be a coastal morph from that area - Rick Sloan has some beautiful adults from the Greenough area, and they are pretty common along the coast there within a few kms of the coast - very pretty too, with a lot of greenish/lemonish markings and often a full black stripe down the back half of the belly.

Jamie.

that sounds like a 100% definition of my baby girl

are they bred then? now Wilds?

mine has a very green look to it, and she has some lemony on her, as well as a tiny little browny black line thats maybe 1 or 2 scales wide running about 1/2 the way down her body

alot of earthy brown and grean in her, would have done well if she was fighting in vietnam i think :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back