Introducing two shinglebacks

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toothy

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Just looking for some guidance. I've got two shinglebacks. The first I've had for around two years and the second I only got yesterday.

Before bringing the second home I introduced them in the store and they seemed to be ok. Since bringing the second one home (the female) I've set up an enclosure for supervised interactions to see how they'd go before putting them into something more long term.

My partner filmed the video during one of these and I wanted to know if this was just trying to figure each other out or a serious cause for concern. (They were separated right after the video because I didn't want anyone getting hurt). I know skinks bite for mating etc but also don't want my ignorance to cause any injuries!

Please help

Fighting always happens when you keep blueys together, I keep my shinglebacks and bluetongues in pair or trio's and don't see much fighting in every day life but introducing new animals is always a stressfull situation but they need to settle things themselves and sometimes it ends with bite wounds but normally its just display and mock attacks. I've kept bluetongues together for 30-40 years and only once did it end with a lost limb. Right now I keep rugosa rugosa, scincoides scincoides, scincoides intermedia, nigrolutea and my oldest pair (Northern ) are 14 years old always been together and bred 12 consecutive years in a row

Back