I've lost my bearded dragon...please help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm he could turn up - I had a mate that lost a bluey outside and found it 6 months later living in the garden...

In saying that hopefully he'll turn up sooner than that.

I think you've learnt your lesson not to leave your reptiles outside, unsupervised, so I won't lecture ;)

Hi Everyone
I had Buddy, my bearded dragon outside on his log on our verandah sunning himself. I went inside for no more than 5 minutes to grab the washing from the machine and when i came out he was gone. I have searched for the past 4 days with no luck. Our garden is quite overgrown but as I am searching, I have been weeding etc. I am devastated! I've had Buddy for over 5 years. We found out last year that Buddy is actually a girl (layed eggs) but I refer to Buddy as a 'he' because that is what we have always assumed.
We have crows (or ravens?) in a tree out the back. Would they have taken him? I've been told they only eat dead things.
Could Buddy travel very far? maybe looking for a mate?
If anyone has any ideas, I'd be so grateful.
I miss Buddy and hope I can find him soon :cry:
Thanks

Did you ever find him? mine is 6 and he's been gone for two days now. devastated.

hey spike510, sorry to hear that.

have u looked for freshly dug holes, mine love to totally bury themselves in the mulch, hide under ground covers etc.

try putting some clear containers with crickets in them around the yard in the hopes the food will attract him, or a female in a secure mesh cage,....dont stop looking, 2 days isnt that long.

check fro any sunny spots when the sun comes out, fingers crossed he'll have his chest poking out and be basking away.

at school last year a pair of crows were fighting and one killed the other one and ripped its head off

To all,

What about setting up a heat source. At one of my workplaces there was a small generator shed. the local water dragons loved it. It was nice and warm, and the light out the front attracted plenty of juicy moths.

does anyone think that runnung a 150w heat bulb outside overnight might attract a lonly cold and lost Dragon ?

not a bad idea Tinky, maybe even move his whole enclosure out for a few days,....he'll know what thats all about,..!!

Unfortunatly he went missing in 2008,

An old thread getting a new lease on life, and interesting to see who were contributing to this site two years ago, and are still cative.

spike510 posted yesterday that his/hers went missing, so hopefully these ideas will help,.. :p

I had a young beardie escape at the end of a melbourne summer, I found it sunning itself in my neighbours front yard that spring. It was very healthy and had grown. It had also turned wild but tamed down again very quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back