Jacky Dragon and Blue-Tongue Lizard

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyl3r

Reaction score
Hi,
Just wondering if I could put Jacky Dragons and a Baby Bluey in a cage together if the Jacky Dragon had a lot of climbing area?

Thank you,
Tyler

It would have to be a large enclosure and you would still have to watch for bullying over food and basking spots.

Enclosure won't be big enough for an older Bluetongue mate, just my opinion of course

They will be absolutely fine together.
Put some branches for the jacky to bask on and a rock for the bluey

I had my water dragon and my blueys together in summer in an outdoor pit.
I would image if they had enough room and didn't get in each others way it would be fine.

That was what I was thinking nickg. They both have similar requirements also as they live in the same area. One just likes to climb the other stays on the ground.

Quick question out of curiosity. Why are you so intent on trying to put two different species in the one enclosure?

Blue-tongues can be surprisingly aggressive towards other lizards, depending to some extent on the species.
I've found Blotchies and in particular the lowland form to be quite aggressive towards other lizards. Juvenile blotchies have been known to badly injure and kill other lizards including dragons like juvenile water dragons. They're surprisingly fast (they can lunge) and kill other lizards and small vertebrates by crushing them with their powerful jaws.

Last edited:
Sorry but if you don't have space, just keep one species or neither. Even if they do well together an excuse such as 'I don't have the space' just doesn't cut it. What's wrong with just having one of them?

Wow guys, it was a simple yes or no answer.. I am a newbie asking a simple question, no need to be rude about anything..

whats wrong with having 2 in one tank?
id bloody love to do multi species tanks even if i had the room for seperate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back