Just starting

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jordan Dodd

Reaction score
Gday thanks for reading my 1st thread i hope to get a few responses. My name is Jordan (17yr) and imp interested in looking after reptiles, snakes specify and i was hoping if anyone had some advice on anything or anyone good to talk to around the Central highland area

Welcome Jordan! I’m a new member too and have had my (first) snake for just over a week.

There is a whole lot to learn! I would suggest, as a starting point, researching the best beginner snakes (or whichever reptile you choose). Once you’ve settled on your reptile of choice, do as much research as you can about the requirements of that particular reptile and go from there.

You’ll find hundreds of threads here, about nearly every topic you can think of. Use the search bar in the top right hand corner. Get yourself some books and/or go to reputable websites for information. There are also hundreds of YouTube videos on many different topics involving reptiles.

Good luck!

Do lots of reasearch on the reptile you think of getting and find the minimun recomendend enclosure size and increase by as much as you can. Also if you can get a friend or you parents to help make a DIY formply enclosure take the chance as they are alot cheaper and very fun to make even if you kinda fail at it. It also helps to really wait before you decide what animal you are getting.

Good luck!

Back