killifish

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

White Wolf

Reaction score
I've just seen some Killifish at my lps and i'm looking for info about keeping them.. tank size ect.

I've tried looking on the net but not found much at all :(

Can anyone help ?:?

Last edited:
ausaqua.net very very good. also, they need a lid!! they WILL jump out of the tank, even a tiny gap and they will find it and end up dried up on the carpet.

i've kept 3 or 4 species in the past, ment to be very easy to keep and ment to breed well but i never had much luck, mayb i tried too hard and stuffed up. Very attractive fish, would still like to get some of the south american and south african annuals

Hope this attatchment helps :)

Attachments

• Killifish_Care_Sheet.pdf
    164.6 KB · Views: 125
best person to talk to is dottyback , he use to keep a ****load of killies and breeds everything he touches

i could never breed the L46 Kupper!

Depends what type of killifish, Notho' species are starting to pop up they are a stunning killifish that spawns in the substrate, in the wild the ponds would evaporate and dry up, the eggs would lay dormant in the soil until the it rains. The nothobranchuius species would have to be the most stunning of all the kilifish. remember they dont live lonf usually upto 9 months some species will live up to 2 years. There are also mop spawners.The most important thing in keeping killi's is to have a glass cover and ever little gap covered! check out some of the killifish forums, they are mostly abroad but will give you a better understasing in keeping them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back