Kinked tail

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DisturbedDave

Reaction score
Hey all,

One of my EWD's has a kink in its tail, only near the tip, doesn't bother it in the slightest. Something to worry about? Best photo I've got to give an idea as to the angle:
y2a8umur.jpg

Obviously it's the further one ;-)

It will be fine. It won't affect it negatively. Did it just appear? The only thing I would worry about is finding the cause. Is it the smaller of the three with the kink? Are they still getting along?

It will be fine. It won't affect it negatively. Did it just appear? The only thing I would worry about is finding the cause. Is it the smaller of the three with the kink? Are they still getting along?

Yeah appeared a few weeks ago. These guys are crazy, jumping from the top shelf onto plants or into the water (4ft high) so I would imagine it's just hit it on something. All three are still getting along thankfully, still keeping an eye on them, but no nips or anything. The only time I've ever seen any dominance is when one is sitting in the container with the crickets/woodies, getting a fair feed, and another decides they've had enough, and they'll lunge at them. But the other just gets out of the way and allows the next one to sit in there.

Seeing as it isn't hanging limp, I figured it shouldn't be too much of an issue, so good to hear its not.

I can only see two! But my guess would be that it's the result of a bite - maybe another took a chomp mistakely in the food bowl? Something as light and flexible as the tail-tip is unlikely to be damaged by a fall.

Jamie

I can only see two! But my guess would be that it's the result of a bite - maybe another took a chomp mistakely in the food bowl? Something as light and flexible as the tail-tip is unlikely to be damaged by a fall.

Jamie

There ya go, you'll see one to the left of pic. This picture shows you what I mean about them chilling in the feed container. Check out the calcium trail, haha

tyhe3asu.jpg

My Blue Tongue Lizard had this very same problem with her tail, she had a calcium deficiency in it, so I don't know if this is the same problem.

My Blue Tongue Lizard had this very same problem with her tail, she had a calcium deficiency in it, so I don't know if this is the same problem.

Hopefully not. Their food gets dusted most meals, and have plenty of access to UVB. The others don't have any 'defects' at all, so may have just been a nibble from one of the other dragons, whether it be on purpose or as python suggested, a bad aim at a food item.
Cheers for the suggestion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back