lace monitor locality

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

julespython

Not so new Member
Reaction score
just got 2 hatchie lace monitors, can someone tell me what locality they would be from, i think the pet shop said
that they might be south australian lacies but i just wanted to see what ya'll think. here is a photo of one of them, sorry about the poor photo quality. the main feature i am wondering about is the spots on his back rather than the usual banded pattern of a normal phase lace monitor. yet its tail is typical of a bells phase lacie. any ideas?
cheers.

Attachments

• IMG_4186.jpg
    IMG_4186.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 265
Nice little beastie you have there. Looks like a Banana Bender to me:)! QLD Lacies tend to be more spotty than striped.

Yeah, I agree with I.V. QLD lacies tend to be spotted without noticable banding.

The tail of yours is probably typical of normal phase lacies.

Hey mate it's me from the store,
We said they were bred in SA but we were not sure on the locality. These guys seem to know their stuff so I'd agree that they're QLD locality. Also with the tail, the picture doesn't full show it - however it does looks rather similar to bell's phase tail.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back