Lacies, enjoying the sun together!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

benson

Reaction score
Hope you enjoy, we took these on the weekend.
:lol::lol:

Attachments

• AVIARY  2 006.jpg
    AVIARY 2 006.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 188
  • AVIARY  2 018.jpg
    AVIARY 2 018.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 241
  • AVIARY  2 021.jpg
    AVIARY 2 021.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 229
  • AVIARY  2 022.jpg
    AVIARY 2 022.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 191
Fantastic looking Lacies,
The enclosure is outstanding.

I love they way your teasing them with the rabbit hutch in their view LMAO :lol:

Thanks andy!!
The rabbit hutch, is really something we just finished making. But it has quail, no bunnies!!!
cheers

Nice looking enclosure. Do you handle them much and how do they go with the outside temps?

My hubby handles them all the time. The bigger one is just over 2 now, and he is very placid, and seems to enjoy a pat. The smaller one is just over 2, and we guess a girl. A little more flighty, but NEVER been agressive. They are both really great. They have only been outside now for a few weeks, and have only just started eating this weekend. I guess it took a while for them to warm up, and get used to their new surroundings.
Cheers

The enclosure is awesome,lacies look like their enjoying the sun,great pictures...

So do you keep them inside during the cooler months? (Sorry for all the questions but I would love a lacie...but probably never get one)

also

Just one more:lol:

Attachments

• AVIARY  2 011.jpg
    AVIARY 2 011.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 172
I am dumb, haha, the smaller lacie is just over 1 now
The male is over 5 foot now, they grow SO fast.
They have only been outside a couple of weeks, so have never spent a winter outside.
We will decide by next winter, if we want to heat it, am undecided at the moment. Everyone tells you something different, but I do know a few, round our way, that dont provide any heat outside in the winter.
Any ideas are always greatly accepted!!
:lol::lol:

Haha Dino, dont be jealous, just save your penies!!!:lol:
We picked both of these up, in a chinese container!!! We built all their enclosures, and just got bigger and bigger. (It DOES help that I have a shop freezer, FULL of rodents, chicken and quail!!)
I has been so great to watch these 2 grow, and they have more to go yet!!!
They are my favourite reptiles,
:lol:

nice critters you have there Benson ! good set up ;)

Nice lacies and enclosure.

I think they are from Sydney stock as were mine (pre amnesty animals) and I never had any heating whatsoever and mine lived outisde all year round.

I think as long as they are protected from frost and always have a dry place to hide, that they will have no problems.

Some of our warmer winter days you will see them looking for food, but be sparing only give them what they can quickly digest in winter if anything.

Thanks everyone, I am glad you all like them!!
And crocdoc, I didnt even know you were a member here:lol::lol::lol:
The hollow logs were the hardest to find, but then we found a huge supply.
Its a firewood place, they have heaps of hollow logs, they are also very popular with bird people!!! But 2 large ones were $60-00 dollars!!!
If you need to know the place, let me know!!
Cheers
Toni

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back