Leaf Tail Gecko care help please

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyl3r

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I have done a lot of research on these reptiles, but am confused because there are care sheets out there with conflicting information. So, I would just like to know a few things from people on this website, like...

Do the need UV?
What heating do they prefer, above or below? Or even, do I need heat if they are known around the area?
How big should the enclosure be for 2-3 adults?
How hot do they need to be?
Breeding..
When should I feed them?
Would they be better in a wooden or glass enclosure?

Thanks,
Tyler

Last edited:
They dont need UVB or heating (even in winter).
Room temp should be fine but during summer do not allow them to go over 30 as they can overheat quite easily.
For 2-3 adults a 30x45x30cm enclosure would be minimum size, ideal would be 60x45x45cm.
Provide them with large sandstone pieces for them to hide behind and stay cool during summer, also give them lots of things to climb on.
Feed them like you would any other gecko (insects etc dusted with calcium every 2nd feed), I feed mine 3 times a week during summer and 1-2 times a week in winter.
Cocopeat is a good substrate.

It doesnt matter what the enclosure is made out of but glass ones are easier to keep cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back