Les Williams died

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

herptrader

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I heard today that Melbourne Herper Les Williams passed away. He had been ill with cancer for quite a while.

He was a member of APS but I don't recall his user name.

He bought a python and enclosure from us a number of years ago... and then proceeded to name the Python "Juda" after my wife Judy (aka trader) and me Daavid.

Les was one of the characters of the Melbourne Herp scene and I for one will miss him.

He was a top bloke. Always had time to help in any way he could. A few of my snakes came from Les and one is named after him, that will mean a lot more now.

The funeral will be in Ballan on Saturday at 11am

(Ballan is half way between Bacchus Marsh and Ballarat on the Western Highway in Victoria.)

Prayers to his family friends at their loss. Whenever i spoke to him on this site he was only every too helpful. Poor bugger.

I bought my first pair of snakes from Les, and he was always happy to answer questions when I was getting started. He was a top bloke and will be missed, my condolences to his loved ones.

Yeah. Shame. We all miss him.
His user name was snakesrule Join Date: 27-Sep-06 I have record of his last activity on APS 21-Dec-08 08:12 PM
He was great member supporting this site with advice and kindness. Always posting valuable informations for all
Will be missed.

Really nice bloke. Heard the news a few days ago.
Condolances to his family and friends.

Per

I know it's late to be adding to this one but I only just saw the thread.
Can't remember when I first met Les but he was a great help to me when I started keeping reptiles, always happy to chat and offer advice with my constant questions.
He even invited me to come over and get some supervised experience handling some of his vens when I was starting off.
Top bloke :)

I only met him on brief occasions and still have a young lowlands copperhead I bought off him a couple of years ago (or close to). He was a genuinely nice character. It's a shame things like this happen to such nice people. Regardless of this being an old thread, I felt like I needed to add a little something to it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back