Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonathon

Reaction score
Here's my little Oblong Turtle. He's grown a bit since i took the photo although he's just as cute. I got him about a year ago now. I've been using a "floating turtle dock" although now the water levels higher im not sure if he can get onto it to bask. I've never seen him on it since i've raised the water level so im a bit worried. Any suggestions would be great. Here's the pic:

2004_0905bob0001.jpg

I dont know what this is doing here although i think its a turtle without a shell? ;)

bobby1.JPG

Cheers

Jonathon, hell be able to climb on as long as the water level is up to the dock, no probs. :wink: Just dont have strong current flowing beneaththe dock. Very nice lil turt! :D

Inny, On that photo i had the gravel up to the dock and every time i used to enter the room he would climb onto the dock and look at me to see if i had food for him. But since i put the water level up he seems to just swim to the side of the tank im at. Maybe its because i have duckweed ontop of the water now?

Hey Jonathon, where did you get the turtle dock from mate. I've spent hours ringing and looking and cant find anyone here in WA or east who can help me out.
Cheers, Jim

Nice oblong too

Wow thats a nice looking turtle you have there dude

I will second that. Must get myself one sometime soon. I have the spare tanks as well just need to learn how to keep them, house them etc etc. :)

Womas i bought it from Rocky Reptiles. Im not sure if they still sell them though.

Oblonga's aren't common in the eastern states so im not sure how much they would cost over there. Although i bought mine here in Perth for $250. So if you add the export fee onto that, thats how much you would be looking at paying. I think in Vic you can only buy turtles over 10cm (correct me if im wrong) unless you breed them yourself. You can get cheaper turtles in your area like Eastern Long Necks (Chelodina longicollis) and some short neck species.

Hope that helps

Check out Rocky Reptiles website for prices. It doesn't work for me so can't help ya sorry. Cheers, Jim

BTW Craig Latta keeps Oblonga's so he might be able to help you.

Thanks anyway. I thought the little tacker was quite cute. I may even look at long necks. Still undecided. :)

Have you tried Expansa in QLD W4me
Love it Jonathon, its a little ripper.

Jonathon, if its a floating type dock, and you have now raised the water level so its free floating, it could be because it moves under him, I tried several floating types and my eln wouldnt climb on, hated em because they moved, The bank of a creek dosent move!! You may have to use something else or secure it somhow so it cant move. Have fun, very nice turt! :D

as long as his shell is hard, ya know he's basking, our turt dives straight into the water, the moment he hears us coming down the hallway. so i wouldn't be too worried, as long as his shell isn't soft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back