Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sigridshurte

Reaction score
hey guys
i was thinking about getting a lizard, but i would like to know what is the best for temperament? i really like water dragons what are they like?

thanks

Sigrid :D

not sure about the water dragon, bearded dragons are great, ive seen eastern water dragons and gippsland water dragons in the wild, not sure how they are for handling??

well i have had a blue tongue their pretty good temperment wise their also easy to keep but even with this said each species like snakes can have the tempermental ones.

EWD's are very flighty. Get one from very young, handle it regularly and it probably wont tail whip, bite, scratch etc. However, dont expect a 'pet' that sits on your shoulder watching TV. We treat ours very calmly and he still bolts at every opportunity. In fact, he doesn't run, he just teleports!

It's different for every individual animal. Don't expect all of the species to act in a generalised manner (or at least, don't be surprised if you get one that isn't at all like you expected).

As a general rule; central bearded dragons grow to be calm, eastern bearded dragons are somewhat jumpier then centrals. Blue tongues are "lazy" and very calm. Water dragons are flightly (and are not recommended if you can't keep your hands off them). Monitors of all kinds do not tolerate handling very well at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back