Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KaaTom

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I was wondering which lizards would you house together... I have 2 blueys, 2 beardies, 2 EWD & 1 Frilly (oh and 2 sand swimmers but I know the answer there), I have just had a 4ft x 5ft x 2ft enclosure made for my Frilly and was interested in what people thought about housing other lizards in with him?

The last time that I went to the Australian Reptile Park they had a couple of Shingleback's
in the same enclosure as there Frilled Lizard's .

I know in large outdoor enclosures it would be ok to house them as their is ample space but unsure in an inside enclosure...

Yea.. I dont know that I'd put anything else in there with him unless it was a nice female frilly..

I put my eastern bearded in the same enclosure as my central bearded and they were not friends... Best bet is to keep species the same I think...

Yeah Im finding it very difficult to find a female frilly atm

I think that you might be able to get away with a few bluie's and a frilly mainly because they inhabit differnet areas of the enclosure, just make sure you have lots of basking spots and feed them seperately!

Wild Life World house a pair of Tristis with some Frillies and from memory there's a few Cunningham's in there

Attachments

• tristis frilly.jpg
    tristis frilly.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 253
if they live together in the wild they will go fine but if there not...... get the camera out! it will be interesting....

Hahaha That's a good theory, but reading up on tristis before i bought mine alot of captured animals showed to eat a large amount of small bearded dragons sooo in some circumstances if they live together in the wild its coz one likes to eat the other :D

Perth Zoo has some shingle backs, blues and a frill all in one enclosure tho it is a large enclosure

Zoo displays cannot be compared with the enclosures of normal keepers. Zoos have often enormous enclosures that are specifically designed (often with large sums of money going into them) for the animals in which they contain. You cannot hope for the same conditions with a 4x5x2ft enclosure.

gecko-mad, are very immature response.

i can;t really reply with this as i;ve never had frillies but i keep a beardie with 2 shinglebacks inside and ewd,blueys (eastern and blotched) , beardie and turtles together in a 3 x 2 x 2 aviary never had an issue with them. you'd have to try it and if it doesn't work well you'll have to seperate them but if it works then i think you've got yourself a cool display. at nowra wildlife park they have frillies with centralian blueys

Actually at Nowra Wildlife Park we now house three green tree frogs with our adult Frillie's... So my advice is to check that all the housing requirements are met for each and every animal and then try introducing then to each other.
Hopefully you have a friendly Frilled Lizard that wont take a "sampling" of the other Herps.
Well goodluck;)

iv seen perth zoo and armadale reptile park keep multiple species together perth zoo has an indoor pit with a clump of upright branches on ither side and a rock pile in the middle, theres 2 frillys that stay in the branch piles, some beardies which stay on branches or rock piles and heaps of shinglebacks and some western blueys, however obviously there is a heat lamp suspended over each branch pile and the rock pile as well as one just on the sand so there is ample basking spots which will reduce the reason to fight over basking area's, your enclosure could work with the frilly and the bluey but you would need a ground basking spot for the bluey and a basking spot on upright branch for the frilly

Anyone heard of territorial disputes?

I just read that if they are kept well fed then they won't fight - umm you think?

No disrespect intended, but if you want to risk random outbursts of violence that could end up with one of your lizards dying or being seriously injured - go ahead - house them together.

Has anyone even bothered to think about the different temperature requirements?

It's risky enough housing the same species together let alone different ones.

Just a few things for you to think about.

suburban me - get off your high horse and give some advice without the attidude

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back