Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a pit. It has turtles, cunninghams, ewd and barbata.

They all get along fine.
You just need to insure that they can all get away from each other.

In another pit we have land mullets, cunninghams, turtle and alpine blotched bluies.

Australia Zoo houses EWD, Blueys & Beardies all in the same enclosure...... in fact the EWDs are passers through as it is a large outdoor enclosure that the Blueys & Beardies can't get out of but the EWDs are locales that jump in and out at their own leisure. So anything is possible with the right enclosure, but it would have to be a large enclosure with heaps of hides & perches & temperature gradients etc & in case of aggressive animals a second enclosure would be advisable to enable splitting them.

Not everyone needs to be considered a fool Luke........ knowledge is as freely available to everybody not just you.

You shouldent house a Male and a Female frilled neck in one enclosure that small you will have all sorts of issues (if u find one) Female frilled neck lizards are not easy to come by and are useulley sold by word of mouth before there even advertised
the issues i am talking about so nobody quotes me are,
Male frilled neck lizards are particularly giddy, and will continuely fight and excessive frill tearing and loss of condition will result, also the chances of mateing them if housed together is very low, Male will be need to cooled seperate anyway i dont see the reasion why anybody would hose them together, unless u are looking for a natural looking enclosure at the risk of harming your animals,
can u post pictures of your frilled neck and enclosure?
just my advice and oppinion,

Prime

KaaTom:
As a general rule, I would say DO NOT keep different species in the same enclosure, especially when your enclosure is probably too small to house them and to satisfy their individual needs. There are people no doubt who do so without any consequences.

There are probems in keeping like species in the same enclosure. ITS NOT WORTH THE RISK unless you have an enclosure the size of your average back yard.

dam, didnt get to c lukes response due to "chit chat"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back