Look for a thermometer with humidity reading.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bones1991

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.

Does anyone know where I can get a thermometer with humidity reading.
I think my ceramic 100 watt heat lamp is too hot and the humdity in the cage is high!
I have a atherton jungle python.
I just put an old thermometer down in the hot end and its 36 degrees and the probe is resting on a branch underneath the heat lamp but the hidie hole temperature is at 24 degree while the outside temp is 28.
The snake has a massive cage and does have a cool hidie hole in the bottom of the cage.
Is 36 too high even if he can get away from it?

IMG_9614.jpg

Last edited:
Petbarn for like $20 to $30 you can get a thermometer that reads both heat and humidity

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

eBay! Cheap, delivered fast and have digital temp and humidity readings.

I have used one from Dick Smiths for 10 years it costs $43. It gives you the temp in two spots ,one temp is on the main unit where you mount it to the back wall of your viv, then other by a cable with a sensor on it where you can put under or near the hot spot. The humidity is read where you mount the main unit. Mine is mounted 1/3 away from the hot end and 1/3 up from the bottom of the viv.

Not necessary to get hung up about humidity.If the snake is shedding fine and the enclosure isn't fogged up then all is good.If enclosure fogs up either a smaller water bowl or increased ventilation,if bad sheds bigger water bowl and less ventilation.

Thermometer on the other hand is very important as you need to know what the temps in the enclosure are doing over a 24 hour period.

Just look on there web site under thermometer and it has a description of it .I mainly use it to check the temps to make sure the heat mat and ceramic heat emitter are working and set correctly,the humidity reading is just a bonus.

If you are in the market for a thermometer have a look at non contact types with a laser pointer.Makes it very easy to check temps instantly all over an enclosure and the animal that lives in it as well,and you only need one for multiple enclosures.Every keeper should have one.

If you are in the market for a thermometer have a look at non contact types with a laser pointer.Makes it very easy to check temps instantly all over an enclosure and the animal that lives in it as well,and you only need one for multiple enclosures.Every keeper should have one.
$16 eBay ... Very accurate for such a cheap item.... I do regularly test agains others tho to make sure it's still reading within an expectable tolerance... Had mine couple yrs now and hasn't missed a beat :)

I agree, I got a cheap chinese one off Ebay that does both, only uses those little circular batteries and the batteries last for ages, months atleast, as I forgot to remove mine once I was done with it and it was still going a few months later, before that I'd been using it for about 3 weeks straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back