Looks like she's gravid!!:)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ned_fisch

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.

It looks like my knob tail gecko is pregnant.. I dont know if she definately is, as this is my first time for it, I dont exactly know what to be looking out for.. But she is quite fat now, and she's up to weight.. she's been digging a lot, and I did have quick look at her belly, and I can see two white egg shape like objects. But as i have said, i dont know what to look out for..

Im just preparing for it and hoping for the best, and I would like to get things ready for the eggs.
My mum was reading the "Keeping Australian Geckos" book and saw the storage container with spagnum moss type deal for the female to lay the eggs and to be incubated in. I just dont know if this is a good way to do it

I have a polystyrene box and heat cord, which i was just going to put the eggs in chinese container, with 50/50 vercimulite water, then on a fridge tray, and then the lid on and all.

Which method would be the best?
Also, if anybody has any other ideas or advice, please let me know. I'd love to hear it!:)

The best way Ive seen people prepair for Gecko eggs.
Is get a chinesse food container, cut a half moon shape in one end big enough for her to get through and put moist coco pete and sand mix in it (70%cocopete 30%sand)
Make sure its moist enough to mold together but not to wet.

Put the pete mix in the container 1cm deep at the entrance and angle it up, filling it to the top at the far end.
Your will notice when she has dug it out and layed.
Then collect the eggs and Incubate they way you wish.

Thanks andy. My dad gave me an idea of incubating, which i thought was a good way to do it.
I guess this first time is a bit of a challenge and a test. see what works and what doesnt.. Which would be the same for anybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back