Magpie's pic of the day

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stick insect in the house

Cnv0351.jpg

some of the fungi in north Qld glows to attract fire flies, which try to mate with it and end up spreading the spores.

That would explain it, the forest is thick with fireflies around here.

magpie these are awsome photos :)
this thread is what i look forward to as soon as i get home from a long exhausting frustrating day at work.
kudos for helping me retain my sanity :)

Small waterfall on the seasonal creek bordering the property

Cnv0367.jpg

(I really like this photo)

Hey mags - can you put some damp tissue or something under your fungi to catch the spores... i'd like to have a go at growing those glow int he dark fungi... Are they a mycorhizza of some particular plant?

I did mycology at uni... we only studied halucinagens and deadly fuingi... I wished we studied glow in the dark fungi...

here at school in the senior biology course they study the glow in the dark jelly fish.... Would be cool to have something they could ACTUALLY see!

Cheers mags!

That is a spectacular shot Mags, very nice indeed wish I was there!

Well for all you jealous folks out there - you all had your chance to join us on the annual Cairns APS get together - Accomodation was organised and sight seeing... including Mags' back garden (and my front one)... Maybe next year? Easter?

Crap pic, but he ran up a tree before I could get a good shot.
Goanna in the front yard:

Cnv0368.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back