Magpie's pic of the day

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Magpie, Awesome pics!

So I don't 'rain on your parade' ,any chance when you've finished with this thread can I put up some of the herps and wildlife we get on our acreage here on the Sunshine Coast?

Ours is amazing here too! 14 species of frogs, 9 species of snakes, 7 species of lizards, 3 species of turtles, 106 bird species and so far 6 native mammal species.

Great idea you've come up with Magpie.
Cheers,
expansa1

Hi Magpie, Awesome pics!

So I don't 'rain on your parade' ,any chance when you've finished with this thread can I put up some of the herps and wildlife we get on our acreage here on the Sunshine Coast?

Ours is amazing here too! 14 species of frogs, 9 species of snakes, 7 species of lizards, 3 species of turtles, 106 bird species and so far 6 native mammal species.

Great idea you've come up with Magpie.
Cheers,
expansa1

Yeah its a great idea, I was actually think of making a thread about the stuff around my place, i would be no competition for you guys but alot of the things i see almost everyday ppl who live in other areas may have never seen ever.

Even though Im only about 6-7 kms directly out of the CBD i still get a fair few species around although many seem to have disappeared over the last 15 years :(

Of the top of my head i think there is about 4 species of snakes, 5 species of lizard, 4 species of frogs, too many birds for me to count and only 2 species of native mammals i can think of. About ten years ago alot of those numbers would have been at least doubled. Although if i go for a short walk there are plenty of other species to be found. The Brisbane river is getter clearer and clearer and im starting to notice alot of fish species living in it too.

Oh yeah great pics Magpie, keep them coming :D

Scub python that ate one of our guinea pigs :(

Cnv0369.jpg

We've been here 2 weeks today, so I'm sure there is a lot of stuff I'm yet to see, especially as the plan is to put a frog pond in soon. There's a stack of birds too, but they are harder to photograph. Unless I see something cool today, this may be the last photo for a while, I'll just resurrect this thread when i do see something from now on I think, so feel free to do your own, I'd love to see what you get at your place :)
chic_parma, I'm rather unhappy with the quality of several photos in this thread, unfortunately they were the best I had of that animal / situation.

You said a pic a day now we want a pic a day!!! LOL

Thanks for what u have given us.

LOL @ Earthling!

Have to agree though Magpie, we want more pics!! I guess we can all be patient though. Can't believe how lucky you are to live where you do! Thanks for the pics so far and can't wait to see more... even if it is eventually and not now.

One of your guinea pigs? Oh my, how did James feel about that? I bet you're just annoyed you didn't get a chance to feed it to one of yours!!!

I am yet to find snakes on my property... Birds, frogs, next door neighbours, toads, spiders, geckoes, lizards... but no snakes :(

I am in the process of removing toads - Every night I was catching 15 - 20 toads... now, I can only seem to catch around 4 or 5 a night... The populations aren't as sustainable as I thought... But it will be a never ending task.

The fish tanks don't seem to be attracting the frogs as of yet :( oh well....

That is one big snail shell Magpie! Glad to see you're still posting pics!! :D :D

I've seen those snails up at Lake Placid, well, like you, the shells. I never seem to see their occupants!

is that a native snail? apparently they eat the imported ones

Weird tap pole... no photos of that :p

Can't wait till saturday night... though I'm parking on the road!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back