MD heating

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

first_time_owner

Reaction score
Hi all,
just wondering how to heat a tank for a hatchie and an adult MD python. Im thinking of getting one as my scond snake are they good handlers, feeders etc. Also whats the adult length of one?
thanks

adults can grow 6 to 7 feet, hope you are not keeping the hatchie and adult in the same tank.
a heat mat under a small tub with thermostat for hatchie and maybe a ceramic heat bulb in a larger cage also on a thermostat.

thanks. No i wasnt going to get 2, hatchie and adult, just wanted to be prepared for 1 of them:) What size cage does an adult need?

i've heard different things about cage sizes, i was told that when i bought my 120x60x80 cage that it would be fine for an adult MD (i have a hatchie). I dont know much but i would have thought that would be too small, but apparently that would be fine. on the topic of hatchies some people will say keep em' in click clacks, but i've had mine for around a month and he/she doesn't seem stressed at all, plenty of hides and all is good. Where were you playin on buying your snake???

where ever i guess:) BUT i havnt told my mum yet, shes ok with my spotte cos he wont get to big but a 2 metre plus anke, not sure what shell say, plus we have small dogs shel say itll eat them:)

lol.....as long as you dont let em' "play" together you'll be fine, on a final note i got my snake from the Gully Reptile Centa and they were pretty helpful, there site is good too "www.reptilecenta.com.au"

i keep my adult md's in 1000w x 1200h x 600d.... they are heated by a single infrared bulb on a thermostat.....
directly under the bulb gets upto 40, on the shelf around the bulb is about 32 - 33 out on the horozontal dowel ranges from 28 - 33ish and going down to 22 - 24 on the floor.....
heres a pic of how i keep mine....
Hope that helps somewhat.....
also, on the size bit, my adult male is about 7.5ft.... but the mother of my girl was 9ft......

herprm2.jpg

for a better look at my basking shelf area, i just took this pic for you.....
rovencl.jpg

That helps HEAPS!!! thanks
y is there a regular light in there and how does he get heat en in his box?

normal light for day/night cycles.... and he doesnt get heat in his hides.... he has to come out to the top to bask for heat....

its a 100watt infrared heat globe, and the thermostat being positioned where it is is set to approx 28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back