Melamine snake enclosure .. Difficulty: Expert ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have used melamine from bunnings for 2 of my enclosures and had no problems what so ever. My only building experience was woodwork at school, perhaps try predrilling all holes and be careful what screws you use.

Thanks for the tips on cage building , ill remember that in future ;)

Once you use a decent quality melamine you will see the difference , bunnings melamine is complete rubbish and that is why it costs so little ..

The problem with material from bunnings is a bit like a lot of aps users. They buy on price so the product they stock is not always the same quality. Cheapest is not always better, particularly if you value your time.

wow, im sure there is better quality melamine out there, i was simply saying i had used it with no problems. Perhaps at the end of the day people would like to save money on enclosures (it aint like your'e cooking for the queen on it) so they can spend it on nicer animals.

lol ive used both and i dont think it makes a massive difference for what we do. if they were going to be a lacie tank yes but for shnakes i wouldnt bother. The ceap stuff is fine.. just take your time mark out all you screw spots, drill STRAIGHT, and always pre drill and countersink and only nib up your screw tight not as tight as your drill will possibly do. you will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back