Morelia Spilota Imbricata Albino (South West Carpet Python)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i just looked up some hybrids, i dont understand whats so wrong with it, there are cross breed dogs? whats so bad about cross breed snakes bump73? and everyone

Domestic dogs are all the same species, reptiles are not.

If you are going to try and relate mixing snake species together to something else, it would be similar to crossing a tiger and a lion...

Hey, I recently bought my first snake (Morelia Spilota Imbricata) and he is gorgeous, but I would like to know more about the issue of hybrids. I have tried researching it but am finding it hard to find factual information giving solid reasons for/against. Im sorry to be raising a sensitive topic, but I am just curious. Are cross breeds just for eye candy? Personally, I am just so stoked to have a pet snake, I really don't care about much else, but it interesting to see how passionately people feel about this issue and I just feel like Im completely in to the dark as to the pros and cons.

It's illegal in WA Sophie. So whether you are for or against doesn't matter really when you live in Perth.

Thanks for your interest everyone. I can see that hybrids are illegal, but aren't albinos just a rare natural mutation? I looked online at the neurological problems associate with Jags etc and I can complete appreciate why people would have a problem with that. I am very pleased to be able to own a healthy snake at all and can't imagine being willing to sacrifice the wellbeing of a snake just to make it 'eyecandy'.

Domestic dogs are all the same species, reptiles are not.

If you are going to try and relate mixing snake species together to something else, it would be similar to crossing a tiger and a lion...

Actually it would be like crossing a Bengal tiger and Siberian tiger since we are talking about carpet pythons only.

only a matter of time. there is already an albino "md" floating around!

Now that is a sad thing :( if people want to interbreed it's their personal choice but at least be honest about it.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back