morelia spilota imbricata (south west carpet python)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sw carpet

Hi all. If anyone knows where i can find an adult male SW carpet can you pls contact me. Many thanks

Hello, sorry if its a stupid question but why do you never see them for sale outside of WA, also are they availible in SA?

Hello, sorry if its a stupid question but why do you never see them for sale outside of WA, also are they availible in SA?

not many people have them outside WA we have afew pairs and we are in qld but we moved here from perth and took my imbricata with me

Last edited:
I have a few pairs as well. Not many outside of WA have them as to export them cost an additional $180 and many dont see they are worth it. I think they are great and worth the extra effort and $ to import them from WA.

hey bushfire, how old are your imbricata i wouldent mind doing a hatchling swap so we both get some fresh blood

I have a hills pr that are 2.5 years. A pr of yearlings from Geraldton, and a hatchling wheatbelt pr. So mostly developing future projects.

Bushfire, is there any chance you could post pictures of the wheatbelt carpets, I have not really seen or heard about wheatbelt carpets before.

Cheers

I'll see what I can do. By wheatbelt I'm refering to the Merredin area. I worked at Dryandra for some time and the adults look very similar to them ie. instead of that blackish tinge its more a brown.

Hey guys just to bump this thread i got offered a 9 ft south western !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! crazy crazy im taking up his offer too ahahah

Hey guys just to bump this thread i got offered a 9 ft south western !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! crazy crazy im taking up his offer too ahahah

the only place iv seen southwesterns of that scale are garden island...... never seen a mainland one over 6-7ft but they get pretty thick when they get alot of years on them

:S

Yeah not quite sure if it is a south western he said hes had it for nearly over 9 years and is a female

Attachments

• 35608.jpg
    35608.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 114
  • udata (1).jpg
    udata (1).jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 117
Yea looks alot like a coastal then a imbricata to me.
still i noice looking snake!

So what size enclosures are you guys/girls keeping your south west carpets in?
Im looking at a 4ftx2x2 size, would this be okay for an adult carpet or will I need to look into something a bit bigger, say 4x4x2

I'd love to see some pics of your diamond. They are my favourite python and I can't wait until we can get them here in WA!!

Have you heard something that indicates we will get diamonds or are you just hopeful!!?? :)

Have you heard something that indicates we will get diamonds or are you just hopeful!!?? :)

It's been made quite clear that there will never be any pythons imported into WA. So you can forget thinking that they may be added to the list. EVER....
They were supposed to review the keepers list after 2 years. Over 7 years on and nothing has happend to date. Some good people are trying their best to get things added like night tigers and RSP but its a very slow process......

So what size enclosures are you guys/girls keeping your south west carpets in?
Im looking at a 4ftx2x2 size, would this be okay for an adult carpet or will I need to look into something a bit bigger, say 4x4x2

I keep mine in a 1200Hx1200Wx600D. Could probably get away with a bit smaller, but I like watching them move around their enclosures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back