Mousie Pix

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple more. I have all my mice colour co-ordinated. Breeding pairs of similar colours all together. I also have some black and whites but didn't get photos of them yet. My favourites though are the siamese marked ones that have showed up. I now have a boy and girl so have them together to get more of them. Not that the snakes care what colour they are but I do. I like them.

My husband says "breeding quality mice for snake food. Not only do they taste good, they LOOK good, too. "

Attachments

• 099.jpg
    099.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 47
  • 092.jpg
    092.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 44
I know they are snake food but I still the same respect for my breeders as I do for my snakes..
Wow, you have a seal point and a "tiger"!
I Used to breed the long haired seal point mice, so cute!
And was trying to get a couple of tiger mice for ages but only knew of 1 pet shop that ever had them and it was in NSW. They never had any when we were up there:(

Very cute!

Yay, you have seals too. :D Ive started getting alot popping up know. The white with seal points, and ive also got one thats a coffee colour with darker points aswell.

Its hard to tell in the pics but mine are the coffee coloured ones with the dark points :D They are awesome. If they are like the himilayian the points should darken in winter.

Those are some cute mice! I know a few fancy breeders that would kill for mice that gorgeous. Myself included :D

Love the marked brindles and that fawn banded is so cute! The chubbiness adds to the cuteness i think lol

And the coffee coloured mice with points people are talking about.. Are called Burmese. :)

Lonewolf - :lol: that sounds funny. There are prize animals in every species. The brindles are a common one that I breed. I split all my colours up because the brindles are dominating. No doubt they will still pop up in other nests but I have my 2 tubs of really pretty ones. I even have a black mouse with a hint of brown brindling and one of my bony coloured mice has a cream brindle through it. I like them, they are gorgeous but I also like variety. Even the wild mice are starting to show up with brindled and white patches - obviously met up with my escapees :lol:

I love the fawns. They pop up in my litters but do you think I can get them to breed? Noooo. They have wheels to exercise but they still get too fat. I did have a colony of 6 fawn and whites they looked so pretty but every one of them grew obese and not a single litter from them. It took me a while to realise that my heavily pregnant mice were not pregnant - including the male.

The Burmese are the new colour that has popped up. So am trying to re-organise them to breed more of them. Hehe.

I know the snakes don't care but I would like to build my rodents up to a point that I can let some go as pets without putting a hole in my colonies.

Ill get a photo of mine today, shes sooo pretty I love her. :lol: Super dark compared to the normal Siamese. I was going to call the colour 'Tonkinese' but Burmese makes sense too. :D

I've attached some pics of my burmese girls :)

I really love the variety that you can get in brindles. I only have a black brindle at the moment. But i'm hoping to get a snow tiger (Obviously white with black stripes :p )

With the fat mice, i've been told that sunflower seeds make them fat? I wouldn't have a clue lol

My fav mouse type would have to be blue though. They're stunning. I'll see if i can find a pic of one of my girls. If not i'll go take some lol

My partner and i both breed for food and pets. If we need pinkies i just use really plain mice but if we need fuzzies i use pretty ones and keep the best from the litters to breed or sell for pets. Works out pretty good for us lol

Attachments

• IMG_0912.jpg
    IMG_0912.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0917.jpg
    IMG_0917.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 51
Awww that dark one is gorgeous :D And the fluffy one :D How cute is that

My fawns mostly came out manx but I have pretty much culled them out. But now and then if I see something nice in a pet shop I will pick up a new mouse.

Ok, so i can't help myself..

Have to show off my pretties :p

1. Reverse siamese (White points dark body)
2. Black brindle
3. Hairless (She wasn't very happy with me for waking her)
4. Blue (First pic shows off her longcoat rex coat second shows off her colour)

You know, i just realised i have no siamese mice :(

And we usually cull the manx pinkies we get every now and then cos they're *******s to catch later lol We'll only keep them if we're desperate for breeders or someone has asked us to breed some for them.

I forgot to add that the second fluffy burmese girl is a rex as well.

My partner refuses to let me go to pet shops anymore lol i ALWAYS walk out with something. Usually cos i feel sorry for the poor things.

Attachments

• IMG_0799.jpg
    IMG_0799.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 52
  • Pet shop.jpg
    Pet shop.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0814.jpg
    IMG_0814.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0918.jpg
    IMG_0918.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0922.jpg
    IMG_0922.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 50
My burmese:

Attachments

• P1130738.JPG
    P1130738.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 54
  • P1130741.JPG
    P1130741.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 50
The way I see it is if I'm going to keep them for snake food I don't wanna look at ugly ones.
Heres a few pics of some of ours (allthough I don't generalyl take phtoos these are old, the colours are pretty self explanitory)
tn_Newmice009.jpg

These are by far my faves though we've got plenty dove tans, chanpagne tans etc.
tn_mice052.jpg

tn_mice051.jpg

Crappy picture of a chocolate tan
tn_mice049.jpg

tn_Newmice013.jpg

interesting about the ginger mice, i have h ad 2 ginger ones amoungst many others and they were the fatest, both were female and neither of them would breed??? or mayby they had babies and ate them while i was'nt looking that would explain their size!

The orange are big from the get go, I thoguht the liver problem was common knowledge. When I kept them I'd cull them at weaner stage but they'd be twice the size of thigns from the same litter that were differnt colours. I've only got maybe one or two orange atm and they breed well.

Love the tans!

Im wanting to get into breeding them for the pet side of things, and possibly even showing them. Want to get some stock from show breeders, including satins etc. :D

Plenty of pet people have asked to buy our rodents, I see no point so generally say no. We've got pretty much everything in tan now they're awesome. Satins are pretty cool. I relaly like agoutis though.
tn_mice047.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back