My Baby Dragon Eating Vegies But not crickets?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
by beetles do you mean woodies?, also what size crickets are you feeding it? does it show interest in the crickets?

Shes is given small crickets and not eating
Small beetles and not woodies and eating.
Eating carrots and plays in the water bowl and lay on the vegies a lot
She normally just let the crickets crawl onto her and stuff and doesnt care much about the crickets at all.

Last edited:
Try Woodies over Crickets. They wont attack her eyes/soft tissue body parts.

If you do insist on Crickets though make sure they have their own food in the enclosure so they don't try and feast on your Beardie.

I prefer woodies over crickets as they are quieter,cleaner and slightly more nutricious,I have a woodie farm and made a filter system out of some small buckets with different size holes for different size bugs for my various size beardies. Some beetles are okay but don't feed beetles too much as they are more chitinous (hard shells) which is harder to digest.

sounds like a vegetarian than !!

keep persisting with the crickets, are you dusting them?

You NEED calcium powder. And also some bearded dragons are scared of crickets and they usually like woodie better so why not just feed woodies?

My 2 are the opposite they smash crickets but not so much the vegies... By the way what the others said with the woodies is a great idea my 2 looooove woodies if theres crickets and woodies in there they wont even touch the crickets they just smash down the woodies. Its like crack for beardies haha

Beetles are horrible to feed to your dragons. Whoever told you to do this has no idea!
Feed small crickets and medium woodies. Nothing that is bigger than the gap between the lizards eyes.
What heating are you using? What are the basking temps and what uvb do you use?
If you can't listen to good advice you might as well give your dragon away before it dies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back