My new MD ( Inland Carpet) !!!!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chappy

Reaction score
Well as the title suggests i would like to introduce my latest reptile for my collection!!!

His name is Charlie and is a 6mth old Murray Darling who is just adorable!! He has the best nature i have ever seen in a hatchie and is a pleasure to own. I bought him from Matt at Animal Attractions ( Victorian Reptiles) and he is now my 4th addition to my collection :D

I allways wanted a Murray Darling and when i saw him in the shop and handled him i just couldnt let him go!!!!!! I am absolutely rapt and i have now promised the Misses this is the last one!!!!! :lol::lol:

Thanks for looking at my new boy!!

Cheers Chappie. ;)
102_1315.jpg

102_1338.jpg

102_1340.jpg

I remember what it was like to have 1 that small, didnt stay like that for too long, I promised the missus that I wouldnt add any more once I found him a female and that was 5 snakes and 3 beardies ago, I just cant stop.
Great looking snake too. they are the most under rated snakes in my book.
Cheers

I love MD's also. Kali my girl is growing nicely (70cm now). Got her a few months ago.

I remember what it was like to have 1 that small, didnt stay like that for too long, I promised the missus that I wouldnt add any more once I found him a female and that was 5 snakes and 3 beardies ago, I just cant stop.
Great looking snake too. they are the most under rated snakes in my book.
Cheers

Hahahah can not agree with you more mate!! ;)

I just Love the MDs and allways wanted one i just couldnt find many Hatchies around at the time i was after one!! Soooooo glad i found this little guy though!!! And i totally think they are Underated to!!! An awesome snake the MD. ;) Cant believe how Placid they are and their genearal nature is just to die for!!! :D

Wow he is a Q.T, You did well with him. It hard to stop once you start

Tell me about it!!!! The better half says to me " ANOTHER ONE " !!!!!! But she dosent mind as long as they are good handlers and Placid shes fine!!!

good onya chappy!
Looks great! i love MDs! By far my favorite Morelia!
I'd give up all my snakes, but the MDs there is no way i'd part with them, especially my female!

good onya chappy!
Looks great! i love MDs! By far my favorite Morelia!
I'd give up all my snakes, but the MDs there is no way i'd part with them, especially my female!

Good to hear Matt ;) I myself cant believe there not more Popular amongst keepers! I am starting to think the same way but i dont think i could part with my Coastal Max he is just as awesome and i am starting to achieve exactly what i wanted a... A nice PLACID collection of snakes!!! The only snappy one i have is Rocky the Bredli!!! But they are all different i guess :D

Nice boy chappy.
i got my first snake last friday which is an MD she's 7 months old and soooooooo beautiful. Just can't find teh cord to get any pics off my camera just yet.

Nice boy chappy.
i got my first snake last friday which is an MD she's 7 months old and soooooooo beautiful. Just can't find teh cord to get any pics off my camera just yet.

Sounds good Azza!!! Cant wait for the Pics mate ;)

P.S Hurry up and find the Cord!!! LOL :lol:

Fingers crossed I can pair mine up for breeding next year, Just didnt get the female in time after 8 months of looking, My 6 year old son loves them and I have no fears with him handling them. Out of all mine they are the most placid followed by my Bredli that is only a hatchy from last season. They make great pets and and are few and far between lately.

They make great pets and and are few and far between lately.

Totally agree i was reading up on them in my snake books and Aussie Pythons and Snakes has a great chapter on the Inland Python and there it states "They are becoming extremely rare in the wild and i am yet to find an aggresive wild captured one in my searches through the Murray Darling basin". The chapter was written by Geoffrey Heard.

Lovely. My first one was that small once, soooo cute!
I thought I wanted a childrens of some description for my first snake, but a guy I bought some stumpies off, talked me into MD's (showed me some hatchlings) and I now own three! I love them, esp my first one.

Kim

Here is a couple of pics of my 2, the boy is the darker one and the female has alot of white, They are both around the 6.5 foot mark.

Attachments

• Murray - 1.jpg
    Murray - 1.jpg
    470.2 KB · Views: 47
  • cara.jpg
    cara.jpg
    499.3 KB · Views: 48
Here is a couple of pics of my 2, the boy is the darker one and the female has alot of white, They are both around the 6.5 foot mark.

Awesome thanx for them!!!! The female looks just like my little one!!!!!! Gee i hope he grows up to be like that!! ;)

The Male is a bit scared and had an extreemly rough up bringing and was in very poor condition when I got him, Scared me a bit lately when he wouldnt feed for 12 weeks but took a large rat on the weekend and now I am majorly relieved. He is the centerpiece to out collection and always comes out when we have visitors, he is a great icebreaker for those that have fears of snakes too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back