my pygmys

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zinger

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hey

i have a 18 month old pygmy bearded dragon
he is 18 cm long

will he get any bigger???

has is being kept with a smaller 10 month old

temp is around 33 c
and he eats meal worms everyday and crickets occassionally

and i cant get them to eat vegetables
any advice will be helpfull
thanks

Last edited:
18cm is a little short for a Pygmy beardy. I had one that was very much smaller than the others, at 18mths old was actually 17cm, but the largest was 24.

Is he on his own or with others? What are your enclosure temps and how much (and what) do you feed him?

he is with a 10 month old that is 16cm

uh temps are around 33 c

and they are fed on crickets and mealworms

What sort of quantity are they eating?

Bump your temps up to 40 deg directly under the heat lamp (it should be up one end) and the cool end should be 25-30 ish. This is easy if you have a 4ft, how big is the enclosure and what sort is it? Make sure theres a shallow water bowl in the cool end as well.

he eats maybe ten mealworms a night maybe a couple more

crickets a couple every so often

my tank is like 2 and a half feet
i tried putting them in bigger but all they did was hide and not eat

They need hotter temps in the hot end, make sure you have adequate ventilation (holes drilled or vents installed if its a wooden enclosure - but I don't know what they are in because you didn't answer me). Any or all information helps people help you!

Don't rely so much on mealworms, they should be a treat, use crickets as their primary, with some veges (bok choy, zucchini, carrot (a little), peas), and a few mealworms every few days if you have to.

Suprising they aren't bigger with so many mealworms as they are pretty fatty.

sorry yer it is a glass tank

i just put temp up on thermo stat

should he grow any bigger?

With the temps up, and better food (crix and veges, more nutrition), I think they should. But if you do nothing else, you need to improve their diet first.

Grab some calcium and reptile vitamin powder and use that too. Dust the crix in calcium every second day, and vitamins once a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back