My Snake Enclosures

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Just_Plain_Nuts

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Here are my snake enclosures so far, the first is my spotted's cage 4ft x 2ft x 1.5ft

017-1.jpg

016-2.jpg

016-2.jpg

019-1.jpg

This one is the one i'm just finishing now for my diamond, it measures 2.3m x 1.2m x .6m and weighs a staggering 500kg

010-2.jpg

012-1.jpg

014.jpg

011.jpg

the first cage? looks like the diamond is it it? correct me if im wronh look great though, can you find your snake in it though haha

wow nice! that wood is super think, are u sure 500kg though?? that sounds a bit much!
but awesome looking! good job, did you make it yourself?

very nice enclosures.

isnt that a diamond in the long enclosure though? and how do you move 500kgs lol

The enclosure is so heavy because the back wall is made from concrete.

I read his other post :lol:

well done dude but "fluck" 500kgs? i dont think so. that is almost the same weight as a small car.
Its way to much and way to over kill for a snakes enclosure.
Thye look great but what happens when the snake ****s in it? it looks like a pain to clean?
Other then that you done a great job!! Looks very real!!! Keep up the great work!!

The 500kg is pretty close to the mark, yes it is concrete varying thicknesses of 5 to 20 cm on a 18mm mdf sheet. 6 big guys just managed to move it six metres and we had to take out my sliding door to fit it in. Then i built the rest of it while it stood in place. I wanted them to be more than just an enclosure i wanted a feature which is why I put the waterfall in the big one, sounds nice. Yes the diamond is currently in the long enclosure because my spotted is much smaller and currently in a small plastic enclosure. When i finish it the diamond will go in the tall one. The big one has a clear sealer on the concrete to help cleaning and it is big enough to step inside and can be hosed out if need be.

A single bag of concret is 20kg.. I can't see there being 25 bags in there! Nice enclosure none the less.

Three 20kg bags of cement and 4 times as much sand to mix it, 1.3 sheets of 18mm mdf, 40mm thick timber sides and top and a piece of glass 2m x 1.2m ....you do the maths 8) not to mention the steel reinforcing and mesh , brackets, plants, pumps etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back