New kitten

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitah

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I brought this guy home today, adopted through a vet. clinics cat adoption program, he's 6 weeks old and tiny... I've been told he's a turkish van cross, and he seems to be!

no cat hate posts please; no comments such as he looks like good snake food etc. I'm just sharing some cute pics for some other cat lovers, which I know are on here.

the new boy was all tuckered out from lots of playing and the trip home, as you can see... taz (6.5mo) was rather nervous and only game to approach once the kitten had fallen asleep
New_kitten3_by_xshadowxv.jpg

New_kitten2_by_xshadowxv.jpg

New_kitten1_by_xshadowxv.jpg

New_kitten5_by_xshadowxv.jpg

New_kitten4_by_xshadowxv.jpg

hes adorable, how much did he set you back???
kylie

He was $150 total... that includes first vaccination, worming, flea treatment, microchip and desex when old enough... as I said he was adopted through a vet adoption program :)

When he's a bit more confident and sure of himself in this 'big strange new place!' I'll try to find out whether he likes water :D I was talking with a friend of mine (fellow vet student) that worked at the vet practice running the adoption program... she asked one of the other girls involved in the program and she asked if I liked vans, and I virtually went 'hell yeah!'. such awesome cats :D

Hey......we should love all creatures, great and small, and that's certainly one gorgeous small creature....lucky puss to have a mum like you.....sounds like you've got quite a little zoo....good for you.

Hi xshadowx,

I too love cats and he is one very cute little kitten, your other cat is also gorgeous

Cheers

:D:D:D

I agree grannieannie, they're all living animals, none deserve poor treatment. And yeah, I do have a OK sized collection :) ... the 8 cockatiels, 1 dog, 1 turtle, 4 cats now, 3 siamese fighting fish (soon to add one more to fighter)

A few pics of my other cats so they 'don't get left out';

My (now) second youngest boy, 'Taz'.. the pic was taken at about 7 weeks, he's now 6.5months
d9bf3f0d1ff422951670eb4744d78a17.jpg

My only girl (amongst the three boys!), 2.5yo misty
Outdoors3_by_xshadowxv.jpg

Misty_slleping_pt2_by_xshadowxv.jpg

And the old guy, Merlin (he's about 10 years old now)
Snoring_furball_by_xshadowxv.jpg

Last edited:
Im allergic to cats where i feel like i have a bad cold after being in the same room for 10 mins, and theyre scratches flame up and my chin gets real itchy. So ive never been able to have a cat and ive never really been fond of them.
Although i have decided to look into getting a Rex breed of cat in the future, just gotta do alot of research as theyre expensive and i know nothing about cats really....

Personally, I much prefer cats to dogs, though everyone has their own personal preferences, which is fair enough. They're just cleaner, quieter animals, both of which appeal to me. that and I much prefer their personalities. all of my cats (though not sure about the kitten yet) are playful when you want to be, affectionate when you want to be and behave like dogs, following me everyhwere. taz and misty are extremely people orientated and whenever i get up in the morning taz is waiting outside my door to be picked up, and he'll snuggle under my chin. he does the same when I get home from uni :)

That little kitty puts human babies to SHAME!!!! (No offence to all the mums/babies out there, it's just an expression). What a cute little one, now I want one!!

My sister is getting a kitten in October, how often do you find ones like him for adoption?

he sure is very cute!!!! bet he'll be chewing on your lounges in no time!

That little kitty puts human babies to SHAME!!!! (No offence to all the mums/babies out there, it's just an expression). What a cute little one, now I want one!!

My sister is getting a kitten in October, how often do you find ones like him for adoption?

and i dunno rainbow_serpent, i thought this one was pretty cute:D
ugly-baby-a3c.jpg
]

I remember when my cat was that small
when he was small
all pictures from sony camera 321.jpg
now
all pictures from sony camera 422.jpg

Gorgeous kittens/cat xshadowx . :D I dare say you are NEVER lonely with your 'little zoo'
We don't have any cats anymore so when I visit my daughter I cuddle her lovely cat - oh no I hope she doesn't think I only visit to cuddle her cat LOL
We have two dogs adopted from the RSPCA and even though it will totally breaks my heart when they die I will still continue to adopt from the RSPCA as they will always have dogs that need a 'mum' - the love, company and memories is worth the upset when they have to go.
Even if we haven't all actually thought about it I reckon most of us feel that way about our pets no matter what they are...

below are a couple of photos of our last dear boy, Bob

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back