New Photos Uploaded

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BLOODY HELL SIMON!!!!

THOSE PITS ARE AWESOME!

Im insanely jealous.

Now if u dont mind im gonna go back and admire & dream :wink:

Very nice enclosures(Pits) ! Good work!

You sure have got a great collection of monitors there Simon.

Maybe you could do a fact sheet on pit construction and costs etc. I am sure alot with find it useful, as not everyone will see this thread.

Neil

Thanks Jonny and Neil for the compliments - much appreciated. Neil that's a great idea about a pit fact sheet and I'll definately take on the task.

Simon Archibald

Great photos Simon! :D You have given your animals awesome homes, you must be very proud! Good on ya! and thanx for sharing the pix.... :wink:

Wow, Simon, that's incredible, I reckon I'd love to live in those pits. congratulations on a great job!! :wink:

yeah nome we can move on in to the pits! just whak a hammock in there and we are set!

love the pits simy!
now thats another thing on my list of things to do that never ends!
i'm jealous

Thanks guys. I worked my butt off for these pits like you wouldn't believe som I'm really happy with how they turned out. What's not shown is the colourbond fencing I'm attaching to one corner in each pit to add extra cover for rainy periods - especially for days like today up here. While the logs offer good protection, I'm not quite happy with the amount of cover they give. The extra cover should be in by the weekend.

And Slatey, don't have a whole lot of room - just manage to squeeze as much in as possible :)

Simon Archibald

On an impulse I went and bought a digital camera today so I've uploaded 5 more photos of the V. kingorum, their enclosure and the tile formation I use as a rock crevice.

Simon Archibald

Hey Simon, what is the substrate you have in your kingorum tank and also what sort of heat light is that in the enclosure??

hehe cute!!
I was just wondering if yours have started to loose their 'reticulated' patterning yet?
2 of mine still have it, and the third is adult colours, my youngest is 2 months old.

Brodie

Hugs,
It's river sand that I bought in bags. Heat lamp is a nomal 100 watt reflector - bulb size is R95.

Also guys, I've just uploaded pics of my Sand Monitor enclosure while under construction. The photos show when it's all finished except for a solid pane of glass at the front.

Simon Archibald

Hey Simon,

Great set ups! What type are those light fittings that you have in your kingorum and gouldii tanks that allow you to adjust the angle? they look to be ES, is this standard? where abouts did you get them from?

Ben.

Ben,
Thanks for the compliment!!! The fittings are made by Clipsal and yes they are screw fittings. The can adjust about 70 degrees to point it where you want and can be tightened to stay put. You can buy them from good lighting suppliers and cost about $18 each. I know an electrician who does all my stuff cheap for cash so I don't buy any of it personally. They are rated to take 200 watt globes, but not sure how they'd go with ceramics. Probably would be OK.

Simon Archibald

As long as the wattage is no more than the rated holder then there will be no probs whether ceramic or normal.

Hi all,
I've just uploaded more photos into my gallery. These are of my newly aquired Blackheaded / Black-tailed / Freckled Monitors. Call them what you will...I purchased them as V.tristis orientalis but have no idea if they are or just regular V. tristis tristis ... I will soon be able to find out where their original lineage is from. Regardless, I'm very happy with them and hope you like the pics.

Simon Archibald

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back