New viv for Pygmy stimi

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Justdragons

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, got keen tonight so I knocked up a basic enclosure after work.
16mm white melamine 900mm x 450mm x 450mm.

I have a question or two if anyone has done it?

First I have got some chrome vents for the ends, 50mm diameter shower grates. Do you think one one the cool end and one on the warm end? Or two each end? It's only a small viv but just checking.

Is there a run down anywhere on how to run heat cord with a tile siliconed down? What watt heat Cord should I use? Do I silicon my probe under the tile o sit it on top?

3anenyna.jpg

be4yqyva.jpg

And last but not least do you think this is big enough for a Pygmy stimi to spend her whole life in??

Any replies would be appreciated.

JD,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First I have got some chrome vents for the ends, 50mm diameter shower grates. Do you think one one the cool end and one on the warm end? Or two each end? It's only a small viv but just checking.
One at each end should be fine.

Is there a run down anywhere on how to run heat cord with a tile siliconed down? What watt heat Cord should I use? Do I silicon my probe under the tile o sit it on top?
Not sure on the wattage of heat cord sorry, have a look in the DIY section, heaps of helpful tips there :)

And last but not least do you think this is big enough for a Pygmy stimi to spend her whole life in??
Definitely fine for her whole life, I think she will be quite happy.

Cheers BH92, The pharski one is a good rundown but not the exact same thing. But I'll have a look. Cheers for your reply. :)

JD,

hajedu6a.jpg

ypu2y5ev.jpg

9aze6e9e.jpg

genahava.jpg

First one she is about 9months to a year and the last one was teh latest on on my phone from a month ago or so. She quite likes a warm bath. To be honest she is the most chill little python ever. Sits in my pocket while I do my rounds and loves to cruise across my laptop pressing every button she can. She is my go to snake. Never even seen her s up to gettin spooked. <3 Doris :)

What's a pygmy stimi?

I personally prefer to have the ventilation at the cool end because it keeps it at ambient but doesn't let the heat out at the end that's meant to stay warm.
With heat cord you basically just need to route out a bit of wood (melamine off-cuts from the enclosure will work well) and stick the tile on top. There isn't really much to it. Or if you're lazy or don't have a router you can just use tape to hold the cord in place and stick the tile on top of that using some small framing timber to raise it up a little.
I would personally use 25W for an Ant. You should be able to comfortably fit it under a 200mm x 200mm tile which is plenty of area for them to curl up on

hajedu6a.jpg

ypu2y5ev.jpg

9aze6e9e.jpg

genahava.jpg

First one she is about 9months to a year and the last one was teh latest on on my phone from a month ago or so. She quite likes a warm bath. To be honest she is the most chill little python ever. Sits in my pocket while I do my rounds and loves to cruise across my laptop pressing every button she can. She is my go to snake. Never even seen her s up to gettin spooked. <3 Doris :)

Wow she looks great :D
Such a happy looking snake, she sounds alot like my BHP, she is very "quiet" :lol:
I love it when you have a go to snake, except when they are shedding, which my girl is at the moment.

What's a pygmy stimi?

I personally prefer to have the ventilation at the cool end because it keeps it at ambient but doesn't let the heat out at the end that's meant to stay warm.
With heat cord you basically just need to route out a bit of wood (melamine off-cuts from the enclosure will work well) and stick the tile on top. There isn't really much to it. Or if you're lazy or don't have a router you can just use tape to hold the cord in place and stick the tile on top of that using some small framing timber to raise it up a little.
I would personally use 25W for an Ant. You should be able to comfortably fit it under a 200mm x 200mm tile which is plenty of area for them to curl up on[/QUOTE ]

Pygmy Antaresia stimsoni, mossman local. cheers for the info saximus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back