Night tiger surprise!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tsbjd

Reaction score
A friend of mine called today and said his female night tiger had been acting different lately - when he checked on her today this is what he found

Attachments

• night tiger 019a.JPG
    night tiger 019a.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 384
hehe, those eggs look really long! (i guess it suits the snake though)

shes gorgeous, i love night tigers,..cant have everything tho,... :(

Nice work - as Yommy said, the biggest step is getting little BTS heads poking out of those eggs...

I've found Brown Treesnake eggs to be extremely easy to hatch in a range of temperatures and moistures. They'd hatch in a bucket of water in the fridge or on a hot, dry windowsill (okay, maybe I'm exaggerating just a little), but I've found the babies to be little horrors to get feeding reliably on mice.

I don't know why people say they're difficult to incubate. I've deliberately experimented with stupid conditions and they still hatch. They're very thick shelled and the easiest of all snake eggs I've worked with.

Eastern Brown Tree Snake eggs seem to hatch regardless of what you do with them, while Night Tigers seem a bit trickier. One thing to remember is to not treat them like python eggs and incubate them at cooler temperatures than you'd use with pythons. Somewhere around 27-29C is probably the go.
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back