Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BROWNS

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just noticed the breeding pair of perenties on Herp Trader,$20,000 for a guaranteed breeding pair.

You'd want a nice size outdoor pit or enclosure for these guys but they would be a magnificent animal to own,observe and breed!!!

A Perentie is the biggest Australian goanna and can reach lenths of 250 cm.

I think that question was a joke, wasn't it ?

Oh sorry. I just assumed veryone would have heard of a Perentie. :)

If they breed so well and at $5000 per hatchling, my question would be why are they being sold????

Maybe the owner has other financial commitments and they are the only thing he can part with quickly??

Re: RE: Perenties!!!

bigguy said:
If they breed so well and at $5000 per hatchling, my question would be why are they being sold????
well they seem to be saying hatchies go for 10 000 lol and there has been 14 young in the last 3 years there has a to be a catch or the seller needs a really good reason

RE: Re: RE: Perenties!!!

I think you could ask that about any animal that is being sold, especially breeding pairs. There are any number of reasons someone could be selling these or any other reptile, need the money, the space, the time whatever. I don't think there is anything suspicious about it though. I do question $10,000 a hatchling.

I think that question was a joke, wasn't it ?

Oh sorry. I just assumed veryone would have heard of a Perentie

Go on, rub it in, make me feel more dumb than i already feel...

oh wait

is that possible
back me up here poochie.... am i dumb? or just.... wait............................who the hell knows everything?

:twisted:

Angel

well considering acording to him he has made $140 000 in 3 years from these 2 so it seems a little questionalble to me that he wants to sell them he may have a great reason but ive noticed to avoid suspicion alot of people will give a reason y they are getting rid of them

is that possible
back me up here poochie.... am i dumb? or just.... wait............................who the hell knows everything?
I knew I just had to make sure I was right :oops: :? :(

They would be fairly uncommon in captvity though one would think. I see wild ones here frequently and they can be monsters.

Woma's,
Have you manged to rustle up them Goanna's at the BBQ site yet??

Neil

RIP stumpy. Some kids chased one, it ran into a fence and snapped it's neck. I was not a happy camper and if the kids hadn't been so young i would have belted em!

We have some traps out, but oops, they are actually too small to catch any. Gives the appearance of trying to do something about them when we are actually doing nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back