Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
if you have a backdrop in your tank check behind it even if it is sealed in there. Also check behind wall cabinets. It will show up don't stress :)

My stimmie got out and i literally freaked out pulling everything apart, then i checked under her tank and she had squeezed through the smallest space between the bottom of her tank and the table and was curled up under the heat mat, that was about 12mths ago and now she is bigger she is still excellent at hiding when i let her out. They love finding the smallest and wierdest of places so never give up - they dont tend to go too far.Good luck

My newest girl Woma got out not even a week after I got her and lucky I found her pretty quick and well she wasn't even on the move. She was on the powerboard right near the enclosures, nice and warm. It's almost a monty your python will be somewhere warm and probably not even far from where the enclosure is.

Set traps, my dad use to tell me how he caught snakes when he was a boy (of course he let them go, he like snakes more than rats). He would get mesh and place a rat inside, snake would go through the mesh eat the meal and then be to big to get out. Place heat mats, and or set the cage out in the other rooms were you think he might be. Hope you find him!
Probably not the best idea to trap a snake with live food but it works as we have found a few snakes in bird aviaries after having a feed.

I had a water python get out quite some time ago. It was one of those nights I couldn't get much sleep, and during my tossing and turning I heard a bang come from the living room, like something had fallen off a table.

I got up to investigate and found the little bugger tangled around the handle of the controller for one of my rc helicopters. Now that thing has a good 6 mins flight time before running out of battery, so god only knows how far he could have gone!

Later that day I found evidence he'd also been in the pantry. Must have gone for a midnight snack before planning his getaway. Didn't want to go for a long flight without something to eat I guess.

I know the feeling, my spotted got out 2 nights ago and I found her in the morning behind a poster on the wall so don't give up, they can be literally everywhere, chances are she is still nearby as everyone has said.. You will find her, might just take a while :)

We had a stimmie escape at work a few months ago. Last week he was found in a humane mouse trap. He looked like a sausage with a head, all you can eat smorgasboard, but other than that he was unscathed. Now hes looking like a slowly deflating balloon.

SHE IS FOUND :D :D

Came home today feeling lucky and decided to go through all of my sets of drawers again (I'd already searched them all several times each in and out.) Anyway, three draws in and I open one up and there she was right at the top safe and sound :) It was the set right next to my bed too haha..right under my nose the whole time! (as many of your said she would be close!)
She was a bit cold but she is now snug in her hut in her warm tank. Gonna let her be for a couple of days since I'm assuming she is a bit stressed out but then I'll give her a feed and I'm sure she'll be back to normal. She even seems happy to be back in her tank in my opinion haha. Oh and most importantly I brought a new lock to secure her tank (since the reason she escaped in the first place was because she had gotten big enough to push her glass sliding door open a fraction) so it will never happen again!

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and stories! And for helping me stay positive... I'm over the moon that I have her back within such a reasonably short period of time :)

Congratulations! Glad the little shnooky is home safe and sound :)

I know a couple that lost a 2 month old stimmie it turned up a month later under the tank

Hay hun, when i was i kid our darwin python went missing for weeks and we throught the dogs may have gotten him as they acidently pushed the mesh in on his cage. weeks latter he truned up in a cooler bag sleeping only meters from the enclosure.

and about 2 years ago my brother lost his baby sanke, and cus he didnt look after him i beleive he was dead, he then moved out a 2weeks later and we cleaned the house and found no sign of him. Then one morning i got a call from my brother, he had gone to the house, his friend had sliped n hit his head on the oven, as he was getting up he noticed something and freeked out sceraming there was a snake. he moved the oven and Aries was keeping warm behind the oven. He has been mine ever since.

And the other week my 6ft coastal python final poped the latch open on her enclousure and started heading towards the TV amonst all the wires, Thankfully my partner found her n put her back. Im so glad my kitten sleeps in our room lol

Keep positive, they are tought creatures and I'm sure she will turn up. Though I understand how you feel

Hay hun, when i was i kid our darwin python went missing for weeks and we throught the dogs may have gotten him as they acidently pushed the mesh in on his cage. weeks latter he truned up in a cooler bag sleeping only meters from the enclosure.

and about 2 years ago my brother lost his baby sanke, and cus he didnt look after him i beleive he was dead, he then moved out a 2weeks later and we cleaned the house and found no sign of him. Then one morning i got a call from my brother, he had gone to the house, his friend had sliped n hit his head on the oven, as he was getting up he noticed something and freeked out sceraming there was a snake. he moved the oven and Aries was keeping warm behind the oven. He has been mine ever since.

And the other week my 6ft coastal python final poped the latch open on her enclousure and started heading towards the TV amonst all the wires, Thankfully my partner found her n put her back. Im so glad my kitten sleeps in our room lol

Keep positive, they are tought creatures and I'm sure she will turn up. Though I understand how you feel

She has been found. they almost always are :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back